MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm hoping that I can get a few of my questions answered by current Mini owners.
I'm new to this site and I don't even have a Mini...yet!
I currently drive a 2003 VW Jetta GLI but I can't keep my eye off the Mini. My car is quite fun to drive but has been in the shop nearly 10 times in 15 months. Needless to say, this is NOT what I call a good car!
I'm seriously considering buying a Mini S to replace it but my biggest concern is that I'll be trading one problem car for another. Can you share some of your knowledge about the reliability of the Cooper S? I understand that there are always going to be issues with a car but I want to make sure I've done my research before I make this decision.
Secondly, here in San Francisco, there's a $2,500 dealer mark up for the S. I have a real hard time paying this. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? I'm looking into a Broker to help decrease that cost but if there are other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
With a dealer mark-up, is there any room for haggling?
Thanks for your help.
Simone

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome, simonesilverstein. :cool:

We've had a 2003 MCS [MINI Cooper S] for 2 years now, - no letdowns to speak of.

Dealer mark-up over MINI's MSRP is fascistly ugly.

We bought ours out-of-state w/out a broker. I say, - hop onto MINIusa.com & nab contact info for MINI dealers surrounding you (that you're willing to travel to). Shoot 'em e-mails & ask what MCSs they have allocated to arrive that are unspoken for. Chances are you'll find a suitable build MCS, with no mark-up & little wait-time.

Good luck!
-Lucie

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try Classic Mini of Ohio and ask for Julie Saxa they sell at MSRP and will ship to anywhere in the Continental U.S. :) I just picked My S up from them last Saturday very easy, gave them the paperwork and we were gone in about 1/2 hour after I picked up Checkered mirrors caps and an oil filter from the service department. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
pezhead444
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing