MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Still trying to get to grips with this car's foibles.. (2013 MCD). I press the LH stalk and get to Set/Info and then give it a long press but all I get is Chek-Info or Home as selections. If I select Check info it seems to do a kind of self-test and comes back with Check OK. No info about time/miles til next service though. Home takes you back to base menu..

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

J

·
Registered
510 Posts
Different messages are available when the ignition is on and the car is started. I didn't realise that with my 2010 MINI to turn on the ignition you have to actually try to start the car WITHOUT depressing the clutch. Pushing in the key fob on its own does not turn on the ignition even although some lights in the instrument binnacle are lit. After that try pressing the LH stalk.

morrisminiminor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - got there once the engine was running. On 22k now and shows another 8k until oil change - which makes me a bit glad I've just done it especially as this will mainly be a town car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
james_stan
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing