MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the computer work out the service intervel depending on how the car is driver?
Anyone know?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Service Intervals

The service intervals are shown on the trip computer when the car is started and if you ever look after the car has been driven by someone at the dealers for a couple of miles, you might notice that the next service is due about 100 miles sooner (not that I'm saying the mechanics enjoy themselves or anything). The service interval is dependent upon driving style and the indicator is intelligent not as in other cars where it just counts down the miles in stages of 50 or so.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car has done 6000 miles and is due a service in 1000 miles.
I think this must mean that I am enjoying my MINI too much.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
zoooooom said:
well you are "zoooooom" after all !!

:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
My service counter is also falling quicker than the mileage is going up, and I'm running the engine in very carefully! Must be the relatively short runs to work and back.

·
Registered
330 Posts
zoooooom said:
I thought the Aberdeen area had a speed camera behind every rock and a traffic cop hiding in every lane! What are you trying to do - leave the cameras with a blurred image? :D

There is a man who may know the answer this question though. Take a look at mad-mini's thread in faults and fixes. It takes a brave BMW mechanic to come here.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts