MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received my Service Manual from Bentley Publishers.
In one word awesome! :D
For all the techies a must have!

Regards,
Rogier

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Good because I may get one soon if Amazon get their finger out and actually deliver
the order I made a million years ago. Well o.k. may a slight exaggeration :D .

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got my new MINI manual a couple weeks ago from Amazon. I have to chuckle! My original Morris 850's book was pretty slim. This one is REAL big! Almost ALL of it is electronic stuff. I see why I keep my 1964 MGB and sorry I sold my '64 Cooper "S." You can actually work on the old cars!

·
1963 Mini -- 2004 MINI
51 Posts
I agree

the manual is really good. I learned stuff that's not even in the drivers handbook (well I didn't find it). For instance who knew that the emergency release for the hatch is under the rear seat squab on the LHS? Hands up who knew that the emergency release for the fuel door is behind the LH cover in the trunk? Wiring diagram is certainly not what I'm used to but there again I'm comparing it to the one I had for my 1964 Triumph TR4!! :D
Alan

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
770 KOF said:
the manual is really good. I learned stuff that's not even in the drivers handbook (well I didn't find it). For instance who knew that the emergency release for the hatch is under the rear seat squab on the LHS? Hands up who knew that the emergency release for the fuel door is behind the LH cover in the trunk? Wiring diagram is certainly not what I'm used to but there again I'm comparing it to the one I had for my 1964 Triumph TR4!! :D
Alan
It's sad to admit it but I knew where both emergency releases where and I've tried them to
see them work. I should get out more :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
CrapS said:
By hatch you mean boot right? And what/where is the rear seat 'squab'? :confused:
Yep the hatch is the boot if you like. A seat squab is the bit you park your bum/ass on.
It is usual in european cars that a sharp tug upwards at the front will release the squab,
this is a left over from the days when you took your seat out and picnicked next to the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.