MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cars due a service and really wanting to keep a full bmw service history but wondering how much this costs? also do mini offer a courtesy car while ur car is serviced? really wanna get my mits on the new shape :):D
sorry if this is already posted, had a look but couldnt see any previous posts,
cheers in advance andy.

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
Depends on which service you have having at what milage?

Have you not got TLC pack or TLC XL?

Unless work is being carried out on the car for some time then you wont get a coutesy car in general as it only takes an maybe 2 hours for it to get serviced and the amount off cars getting serviced outways there number of courtesy cars.

But i think you can pay for a courtesy car if you want one and are over 21.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Also depends on the dealer, different rates etc.....

Easiest way to answer this is the ask the people that are going to charge you the money, i.e. the Dealer, they will have a much better chance of knowing how much they want than a forum of users based all over the world;)

Unless of course you're asking how much did anyone else pay at their dealers.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
As a rough guideline see this page.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/derek-woodman-mini/145110-special-offer-service-packs.html

Chris at Derek Woodman has put the prices that they charge on, so therefore, you should be able to get some idea! Some dealers don't charge for courtesy cars, and some require you to be over 25 - its always best to check as BMW haven't set any regulations, so they can do pretty much whatever they want!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the replys guys was just generally wondering how much people have paid so i wasnt to shocked, but just got some money thru so it should cover it :D also asked for a curtesy car and there giving me one!! was quite surprised considering im only 20, gotta pay £10 for insurance but thought that was o.k, especially if i get to get my mitts on a r56 MINI fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
annoyed

so took my car for service today (after waiting 3 weeks so could get a replacement car) and was actually really annoyed.
firstly the jumped up man behind the desk looked down his nose at me while asking to see my liscence when i showed him it he claimed it was an "I.D CARD" anyways i said i'd drive home and get the paper part, and checked iof it would affect me having 3 points he said no, as long as they werent excessive and to check i was over 21 for insurance reasons! i was gutted.

firstly his attitude towards me was a disgrace, secondly i wasnt told any of this information 3 weeks ago and was one of the reasons i waited 3 weeks as i needed the car, anyway grudgingly left my car and had to get a friend out of bed to collect me as its out of town, thing that really got to me though was there was a typical bmw driver being served at the same time and it was all mr this mr that anything i can get you, but because im young i get seen as some down and out with no cash!!!

also they can sell me a mini before im 21 but dont offer a replacement car when i give them some custom?? strange.

anyone think its worth complaining?

·
Registered
160 Posts
yep thats the one you had difficulties with them too?
Recognise their arsey approach:wink: I eventually went to Pheniox in Kirkcaldy.
Known to be expensive but they all are.

Did you buy your car there? If so have a word with sales guy say your going elsewhere to buy cars in future if this is service your going to get.

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
are any dealers good at customer service? I requested a service/health check on the mini website a week ago and not heard a thing!
actually, i have to say my dealer's quite helpful. and so have the dealer's i've met through M2.

but then again, when you raise a fuss in their face, or when you go to them assuming there will be problems, you usually end up with problems and fuss. (can't imagine why :rolleyes: ).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts