MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with my steering pump - I know about the other threads...but Mini have refused to let me have the new pump on a good-will scheme.

I have an after-market warranty = they show no good-will. Sucks.

The after-market warranty company say they will only give me some of the money for the part, so I can either...
1) Have Vines in Crawley change the part = £200
2) Find an independent to change the part within budget.

Does anyone know a decent independent mechanic/garage in the Crawley area who know about Mini's?

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have problems with my steering pump - I know about the other threads...but Mini have refused to let me have the new pump on a good-will scheme.

I have an after-market warranty = they show no good-will. Sucks.

The after-market warranty company say they will only give me some of the money for the part, so I can either...
1) Have Vines in Crawley change the part = £200
2) Find an independent to change the part within budget.

Does anyone know a decent independent mechanic/garage in the Crawley area who know about Mini's?

Thanks
GTtuning? are prob the closest to you?? then prob 1320. minispeed- a v.close, worth doing a check/search on threads on here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way to go!

Many thanks all!

I love an active user community!

1) The GT Tuning I found is in Blandford Forum in Dorset gttuning dot com which is 130 miles away.... but they look like a fun thing to do the the next car (next years project!)

2) minimotorsportcentre dot co dot uk top banana!! - Brighton area, I'll try them tomorrow.

3) 1320autos dot com are up in Cambs so a distance too

I am pretty disappointed with Vines (Stand up Steve - you know who you are) so have reviewed where my wife and I will be buying a mini cooper S cabriolet and a mini cooper D clubman next year, as it won't be there. I will not deal with companies who don't work with customers - we pay for them! :aargh:

L

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
I am pretty disappointed with Vines (Stand up Steve - you know who you are) so have reviewed where my wife and I will be buying a mini cooper S cabriolet and a mini cooper D clubman next year, as it won't be there. I will not deal with companies who don't work with customers - we pay for them! :aargh:

L
I would try Vines of Redhill. I found them very good to deal with when I bought my R56 MCS. However I have had some bad reports of their Crawley operation including a member of my family who went there to buy a new MCC and had trouble getting them to take any interest in her. She went to the Redhill branch and was well looked after.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a long battle....

Vimes in Crawley have come through with flying colours.

The story....

I took the Mini to minimotorsport and Tony was brilliant. He looked at the pump and told me (after spending an hour or so on it) that there was no problem with it at all. The fluid was oil not steering fluid.

I went back to Vines in Crawley in rather a bad mood..... Simon was the soul of courtesy. He arranged for an engineer to be there on Saturday lunchtime, we had the car up on the ramp and the engineer showed me where the leak was. On the pipe round the back of the pump, not the pump itself. Yes they could replace the pipe, and not do anything to the pump.

Whilst up on the ramp the engineer noticed the rear box strap was broken on the top.

Simon agreed to cover the pipe and I paid for the box band.

Result is that the mini is fixed, Vines have raised their game and I am a happy punter.:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts