MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MCS will be 1y/o in Oct and me being organised decided yesterday to work out when she will need to be serviced and what will need to be done. Having looked at the manual, it has made things none the wiser and all I can see is that I have to wait until it tells me on the display that it has to?!?

Is that right, or do I still have to have her serviced every 12 months? I have had her from new, she has nearly 3.5k on the clock and I have the TLC (obviously!).

Anybody able to tell me what I need to do? :redface:

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
At two years old you have a brake fluid change. An oil service will be due when the service indicator says so which is usually at around 20,000 miles on the R56 MCS. These are covered by TLC.

However, not everyone is happy to wait that long so you could change the oil earlier but it would be at your own expense.

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
some people change the oil and filter before the scheduled service...............I did, but I had done 17000mls and it was saying 6000mls to first service !!

as you have only done 3500mls I would be inclined just to leave it until the scheduled service.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - so basically I just leave it until the computer tells me to. :)

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Having looked at the manual, it has made things none the wiser and all I can see is that I have to wait until it tells me on the display that it has to?!?
Although the clock gives an indication of when the service is due, some dealerships are happy to carry out the service as long as it's less than 1000 miles before! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
as long you top the oil up its ok my r56 mcs did over 26 000 miles before service let the service clock go to 1000 miles then take it for service under the tlc ok have fun:D

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
I thought that the owners manual said first service approximately 15,000 miles or 12 months. I'd ring up the dealer and check.

Keeping oil in the engine too long, even if there are not many miles, can be bad. If you do mostly short trips, and the engine does not fully warm up, it can leave contaminants in the oil that are not good for the engine. That is why they recommend 12 month service intervals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts