So how much over MSRP did that come to?
I guess it is too early to take a broom with you, but we can hope!pacbob said:Still smilin' although today I had to drive my 4 dr truck as I am carpooling to the Giants game tonight.
I too have shopped three out of the four SF Bay area MINI dealers, and was fairly put off by SF MINI. When I found someone (I'll keep her name anonymous) to speak to, I asked if she could give me more information than what was on the website. She replied "No, and you should use the 'Build your MINI' page, bring it in and then we can talk." Ah. Well. I had done that. I had it with me. However, I decided to just turn around and leave.pacbob said:I shopped almost all the Bay Area dealers. (not Mountain View). Some have waiting lists over 1000 names long, especially Pleasanton, who claim to be selling at MSRP... I would recommend SF MINI if you want one soon. Or you can wait...
You know at first I balked at putting down $1K, but then I thought what else am I going to do with it? I mean it is just going to sit in my savings account earning something slightly less than nothing as I save up the downpayment. Whatever microscopic interest I loose will be more than made up by not having to pay over MSRP. Of course, I'm going for a Cooper not an S so my waiting time is a bit more reasonable. If I were really after the S I'd probably just grit my teeth and pay the mark up.jaycbird said:
East Bay Mini in Pleasanton was perky, though claimed that there was a 13 month wait for Cooper S's and offered the $1,000 wait list to me.
Well. After browsing the boards Thursday and Friday, I thought I'd give SF MINI another try. (The shudder I just experienced makes typing difficult.) Same salesperson. Same attitude. A BIT more information: I could have my Cooper S by Mid-August, HOWEVER: $2,899 DMA, aka MARK-UP! PLUS mandatory extras, like Low-Jack, the 6 disc changer (which I want, but...) and the poly-coat or whatever that mega-wax job is! So, for an extra $3,500 or so, I MIGHT be able to get the car there, except... She told me to go home and bring back the "Build Your MINI" sheet "and then we can talk."Sejanus said:You know at first I balked at putting down $1K, but then I thought what else am I going to do with it? ...Whatever microscopic interest I loose will be more than made up by not having to pay over MSRP. Of course, I'm going for a Cooper not an S so my waiting time is a bit more reasonable. If I were really after the S I'd probably just grit my teeth and pay the mark up.
Oh yeah, and welcome to MINI2.
Good for you and good luck. I've noticed that Concord tends to send out their e-mails in the evening after I presume they've closed so that should give you a shot at getting there first in the morning if you're willing to be a very early riser.jaycbird said:Thanks, yes, I am determined, however, I'm not willing to go 'to the dark side' as I am even avoiding SF MINI (and just 7 blocks away?!) and awaiting my 'email alert' from Concord!