MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - a question about rattles from the Cabrio

Mine has developed a really annoying rattle/vibration that is coming from the bit where the front and rear windows meet on the drivers side. It appears and disappears, but is especially bad at certain speeds, and it seems to make no difference whether the roof is up or down.

My dealer had a look at the 72000 km service last week, and has charged me a considerable amount for (it seems) adjusting the front and rear windows on both sides. But the rattle/vibration is still there! So I am going to have to argue with them that, since they have not fixed the problem I reported, I don't see why I should pay them for 2 hours and 5 minutes of labour charges!

If anyone else has had the same issue, I'd be grateful to hear if there's a cure

Many thanks

Ian

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same fault I think and mine is booked to be done under warranty tomorrow..... though technically it sounds like just the back window, but we will see. Will let you know what they say.
Hi there ScoobyDoo - did you get any joy from your dealer? My rear window (driver side) still rattles at certain speeds, very irritating! And no time right now to get it back in for the dealer to have another (expensive) go at it......:mad:

Ian

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hyia, Im sorry I didnt reply.... had to rebook car in, but now all done.

It turned out that the rear window mechanism had come loose and was knocking against the interior panel... new one has been fitted and the knocking has disapeared.
Thanks for that! Will ask my dealer if this might be the problem......

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts