MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got JCW SHift Light fitted (JCWSL1) if so what do you think about it ! - good thing? - accurate ?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Didn't know they did one! Cool! I take it you don't need a works for that?! Any pics please!

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics I'm afraid monsta - The Cooper Challenge regs state it as a permitted addition and give the part no. I was just checking to see if anyone had one else I'll get onto JCW and ask them for details - (Unless of course the JCW IT Manager sees this thread and asks for us !!)

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Richard at JCW guessed at "under £200" when I asked him how much on Friday. He reckons they'll know for sure this week.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Stack ST500

I had this Stack ST500 on the Elise which was great, cost £750 along with a few bits like the infer-red lap timer and corner speeds but was great fun
Those ickle red telltales lighting up and flashing to change up was just such a rush
Also had 0-60 and Quarter mile speeds and a few other bits
Does fit the new mini too !!! :D :D

This is the price list, various options that you can do, from a very cheep £175 setup

http://www.stackltd.com/pdf/2002tach-tachtimer-uk.pdf

·
Registered
294 Posts
I really like the high rpm callback feature, especially when dropping off the car for service or leaving the car with a valet. That way you can tell if people were screwing around with your car or not.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Albert said:
I really like the high rpm callback feature, especially when dropping off the car for service or leaving the car with a valet. That way you can tell if people were screwing around with your car or not.
Its funny you said that...I took smudge back to the dealer three days after getting him and he had a little less than half a tank left and the TC showed a range of 150 miles, he also had 307 miles on the clock. When I got him back he had 330 miles on the clock and the TC had gone down to 65 miles, the tank was at a little above the 1/4 full mark. Now I understand one of the issues was related to high speed driving (above 50mph there was a definitive steering wheel shake), so testing may necessitate going for a spin on the motorway. But 23 miles???? Hmmm! maybe something to mention to the garage next time I see them. I was also a bit dubious of the fact that 23 miles had used nearly a quarter of a tank....I wonder if the running in procedure has been slightly violated?? (and not by me!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try this link for full details
JCW Conversions/Upgrades
then click on Club Sport Conversions and it's listed at the bottom. The shift light is pre programed to work with the John Cooper Works Club Sport MINIs, but will also work on standard Coopers.

You can also download a full spec sheet (PDF). I have just checked with our parts dept. and we have plenty in stock.

Attachments

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
John Cooper Works said:
Try this link for full details
JCW Conversions/Upgrades
then click on Club Sport Conversions and it's listed at the bottom. The shift light is pre programed to work with the John Cooper Works Club Sport MINIs, but will also work on standard Coopers.

You can also download a full spec sheet (PDF). I have just checked with our parts dept. and we have plenty in stock.
How does it connect up? Is it just plug 'n' play or are there expensive mods to be done?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Can I have one for my ONE :confused: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts