MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I am thinking about buying a Shinco 5" portable DVD player and will most likely want to take it with me in the Mini at some point whilst on the move. Does anyone own one of these and know if the speakers are any good? I have used my laptop before in the car with a dvd in it but I've never been able to hear the DVD properly.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
From my (admittedly limited) experience, 2 thoughts:

1. Use headphones!
2. Consider the 7" screen if you can afford it - the difference is surprising!

Good luck, happy shopping!

·
Brian
20 Posts
Try the Bush player

Homebase have a 7" widescreen Bush player for £165.00

Stereo speakers, car kit, multi rregion etc.

Excellent value - get this rather than Shinco

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats very freaky because my mum actually just pointed the Homebase one out to me in her catalogue - shhhh don't tell everyone though otherwise they will sell out before the 10%day comes!

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
I have the Nextbase 7" tablet dvd in my mini for the little one on long journeys. The speakers on it are great and the display is good as well. I make him have the headphones in though. Whilst i'm driving the last thing i want to hear is Mr Men.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just took the plunge and went for the Panasonic LS55. My boyfriend works for Panasonic and got discount, he brought it for me as a birthday present for £270 instead of the normal retail price of about £450. I can let you all know what its like after the 6th January :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts