MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to track the ship once it has left S Hampton. I have the ship name (Cypress Pass) but have been unable to track its ocean journey.....Please help.It's due in NY around 11/5,,,,,
Thanks, :indi:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi racegirl08

If you have the ship name you can go to
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/
and type in your ship name or callsign (look in the FAQ here and it'll tell you how to find that)

I had trouble tracking my ship at first because it was showing up under an old name.

Then you can obsessively keep tabs on your Mini as it makes it's way here. (which I know nothing about ;) ... just have a binder filled with printouts of my ship's progress, hehe)

enjoy!

btw, very good choice car-wise. Mine is very similar and I love it!

·
MINI2 Regular
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ship

Hi Shijinmini

I have not been able to track the ship. I have the name, call #, cargo #, etc. but cannot find the ship out to sea.
There must be some other way. Or I am doing some wrong,
Please help.... :indi:

·
Registered
255 Posts
When you type in your call sign at the sailwx site, what does it say if it doesn't come up with a map of some part of the ocean?

Also, read in some of the different Production group threads (like the sept or october threads) because that's where everyone was tracking and sharing info on how to find stuff.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, I just tried it and that's what I got. Maybe your ship is not reporting (it's a voluntary weather observation site, so if they don't do it, they don't show up).

I would suggest posting on the Oct. production group thread and seeing if there is someone else on the Cypress Pass and find out if they can track it. I had trouble and then I found out the my ship was going by an old name (so I couldn't find it's call sign).

Hope you sort this out and find your ship. It's the thing that kept me sane while waiting!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Racegirl08 my MINI is also on Cypress Pass

Racegirl08 - yeah I have had the same problem trying to track the whereabouts of the Cypress Pass. All I know is that it is due to dock at NYC on Nov 5th (originally ir said it was scheduled to arrive Nov 3rd)
I can't wait for my MCS Convertible to get here...
If you want a picture of the Cypress Pass (so that you can recognise it if it passes you ;) you can use this URL

http://www.schiffsphoto.de/HTM/Car/Cypress_Pass.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts