MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I was washing my car today I noticed shoddy bodywork in a couple of places.

• Firstly the front bumper is poorly fit; it has been fit too tightly on one side so does not follow the contours of the car.
  • Secondly the bonnet has also been poorly fit, again it does not follow the contours of the car
    [/list=a]

And in both cases there is a bigger gap on one side than the other.

Is this a common fault?

Cheers

LMB:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry to hear of more trouble.
Perhaps your dealer could fix it?

The letter you have about the left pull problem. Is it official? Mr T has posted saying late March will be the fix date.

I have just had the top suspension mounts changed. An improvement. The car isnt fixed but I could last til April. Just the knowledge that something is being done is a real boost.

Please let us know more about this letter. Did it give any idea as to which components are to be changed?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Apial said:
Sorry to hear of more trouble.
Perhaps your dealer could fix it?
I hope so:)

The letter you have about the left pull problem. Is it official? Mr T has posted saying late March will be the fix date.
The letter is from my Dealership Manager. During our meeting he phoned Mini HQ who told him that a fix was due to go into production in March and we should expect it late March/early April.

I have just had the top suspension mounts changed. An improvement. The car isn’t fixed but I could last till April. Just the knowledge that something is being done is a real boost.
Apparently the problem is down to the coil spring rotating in their Mounts within the front suspension. So much for 'its due to the camber in the road' excuse:rolleyes:

Funnily enough it is the same reason EVO gave some months back..remember?

Please let us know more about this letter. Did it give any idea as to which components are to be changed?
:rolleyes:

It was really just a general letter, mentioned nothing about what components are being replaced, although during the meeting the Dealership Manager started going on about the fix involved inverting a coil spring on one side:confused:

But the letter did say I would be one of the first to get the 'fix' (I was supposed to be the first:rolleyes: ) and that I could expect it late April.

So there you have it. In a matter of days it went from March to late March/Early April to late April, so don't take it as written in stone.

Oh and apparently it is a characteristic, not a fault...ho hum...whatever :rolleyes:

Hope that help Apial

LMB;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts