MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I got the Rogue kit, about a year ago, the easiest way I found to fit it was to just put it in the glove box after reading that the instructions, and not think about it:rolleyes:

Good luck though:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's actually a very easy install, but getting to the installation is a bit trickier as you have to drop the exhaust. If your header to pipe studs are not rusted shut, then it's a piece of cake. Otherwise the studs will have to be broken off and you'll need to replace them with bolts, IF this can be done.

Once the exhaust is off, the shifter replacement is not hard at all. Just be patient. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions
:blblack:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, I have had a look at the instructions for the B&M version and it looks easy enough (except for the exhaust bit).

I'm slightly nervous about the exhaust part, being a 3 year old car I would imagine my bolts are well and truly seized up!

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
monsta said:
Thanks for the replies, I have had a look at the instructions for the B&M version and it looks easy enough (except for the exhaust bit).

I'm slightly nervous about the exhaust part, being a 3 year old card I would imagine my bolts are well and truly seized up!
It'll be a bit of a chore but hit them with penetrating oil for a few days before you do the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.