MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the search for a new car. An I think the wc50 is super nice. But is it a dangerous car to bye? I don’t want to be by the mechanic all the time. And I can’t do anything at the car myself. It’s from 2010 with 60.000km at the clock.
What should I look out for?

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I’m in the search for a new car. An I think the wc50 is super nice. But is it a dangerous car to bye? I don’t want to be by the mechanic all the time. And I can’t do anything at the car myself. It’s from 2010 with 60.000km at the clock.
What should I look out for?
timing chain every 50-60k is the norm as they rev like hell is main issue but learn to fit them your self £200 in parts will do it.. need good engine oil always kept on full mark half the service recommended intervals, spark plugs are £35 a set for cheap ones that said same plugs are used on lambo's as standard,, , also turbo can have issues if not left to cool before turning off engine can crack the water jacket as water cooled also the norm wears waste gate bearings,, think it all boils down to how its driven drive at 5000 revs it will wear out faster than a car driven to church at 2500 revs i have seen cars with 140k on the clock and only driven like a saint,, then the others that have been driven to red line a lot have timing chains fails 50k,, and use a lot or oil as well.. believe me when a car is used to the max the oil useage is fairly rude as all low friction designed engines are

1 - 3 of 3 Posts