MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Need some advice, i am thinking of upgrading my cooper for a dooper. I have a 02 plate Cooper which i have had the nice experience of rubbish fuel economy also the air bag light problem. That's all sorted but there is a puddle in where the tools and air pump is kept????So time for a change. i do 8000 miles a year unsure if it is worth getting a dooper or a cooper?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi

I have a Dooper, and have now covered 15,000 miles. I would advise you to drive both a Cooper and a Dooper over a hilly and twisty route if possible. Speak to the dealer and if you're serious there shouldn't be any problem.

A Dooper would be cheaper to run, but at your annual mileage, It won't make much difference in fuel savings.

The Dooper is a car that will steadily increase in economy as the car loosens up, like a lot of diesels; especially after the first year service I have found.. I'm currently getting 65+ mpg in an 07 Dooper.

The Cooper will be more fun if you prefer high revs over torque (which you feel more in the Dooper)

Both cars have good and 'slightly';) bad points, but whichever you choose you'll be more than happy!

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
We've changed to a Dooper Clubby but that's cos we do a lot of MINI runs and European tours.

Had the new Clubby just over 2 weeks and done nearly 2600 miles already. :D

So it depends on your needs and only you can answer that

Jax

1 - 4 of 4 Posts