MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, casually minding my own business at work, when in drove one of our customers to pick up their new Fiat 500.

Their part-exchange really got me thinking about how much I miss being a MINI owner...

MINI Cooper S Checkmate
2006/06
17,300 miles
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Automatic Air Conditioning
Cockpit Chrono Pack
DSC
MFSW

The car is immaculate, and available to me for what we paid for it (I won't post the figure as it will upset a lot of people :p ) so...

Should I or shouldn't I? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Go for it Si :p

You know you want to :D:D

Just hope Ian doesn't see this - He has a habit of persuading people into S's recently... :eek:

Best of luck with whatever you choose, but I do hope deep down you get it ;)

Ollie :)

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(we're only going to say yes, aren't we?). ;)
I knew as I was asking the question that I wouldn't exactly be inundated with people telling me not to :p

The problem is, the car is perfect, the price is fantastic, but the timing is about 3 months wrong :(

The simple fact is that, at the moment, I can't really afford it, but I just know that if I don't do it I will never be offered a car as good for so little. Aaargh!

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
You know what they say ... don't look a gift horse in the eye ;)
Yea - and when the chips are down, you just have to get off your horse and drink your milk. :yes4lo:

Furthermore -don't count your chickens before you've thrown the baby in the bathwater - otherwise you might wind up with a deadened door nail. :no6xn:

Or something along those lines... :D

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
MINIs should have a central speedo :p

Whilst on my hunt I actually turned down two very nice cars, one had nav, one had chrono - just not my thing ;)

I likes my speedo, and I likes it big :p

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Why ask - just rude NIKE - Just F Do IT

You know you really want to and that you will probably never get a better chance.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Scrogg, I was in the same situation that you are. I wasn't financially ready to buy my 2nd MINI about 6 months off really but when I saw it was the chance to own a Cooper S Park Lane the only one I'm ever going to have the chance to buy I thought just do it and I'm very happy I did! I love it she only had 4000 miles on her and eventually sold the Astra so shes now our only car and shes a beauty!

Do it do it do it!

You know you won't look back and you can just cut back on other things. Thats what I did! Living off noodles and no more new clothes but shes going to be our wedding car so she was an investment! Anything to justify her to me!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts