MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Young at heart
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've got the MCSa, I know I'm going to be getting the aero kit and hopefully set of R95's to go with it at some point.

Here's my dilemma. Do I get white bonnet stripes, bearing in mind I have a body colour roof with the panoramic sunroof. All the piccies I've seen of other HB's with white stripes have a white roof.

I've attached another front view below. I'm just not sure it will 'look' right.

Thoughts anybody?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
viper stripes for sure!

i would say yes to bonnet stripes if u had the white roof and caps but because you havent , the viper stripes would look a lot better.

Tradional white or silver??? Silver looks pretty sweet on hyper blue

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd say no stripes at all. I'm not a viper stripes fan, but with the panoramic roof they'll be broken up by the glass section (unless you put stripes over the glass as well as the metal, which IMO is also awful).

If you must stripe, silver will look better than white I'd say.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
No to bonnet stripes, they look odd without the coloured roof IMO.

Vipers though, oh man they are for you;)

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Why not think of a design for a viper or bonet stripe and get Phil at mini pirate to sort it out for you? Thats what i am thinking of doing (i also have all same colour mini) :)

·
Young at heart
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW!

what a set of replies - looks like I should have set up a poll :D

Anyway, the majority seem to agree with me that white stripes are a no go.

TBH I've not considered Viper stripes but aren't they going to have the same problem on the roof with the huge expanse of glass up there. I'm not sure I like the look of them on the rear of the car either.
Does anybody have any pics showing Viper's (silver or white) on a HB to give me an idea?

Thanks for all the feedback. It's nice to know, even as a noob on this forum, that people aren't afraid to give their opinion and it's much appreciated :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts