MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
minigolf said:
I tried to, but ended up doing the deal myself after being treated like a bonehead idiot by one of the brokers I dealt with. I tell ya, he applied more pressure than Amanda Vanstone sitting on your lap. He was worse than Gordon Farkas off The Big Steal. :mad:

HAHA thats hilarious, somebody remembers the "BIG STEAL" He should have just kept the CEDRIC.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
"I'm not going around Australia in an Aboriginals car!"

*cough*

Anyway, I think it would depend mor eon if you dealt with a good car broker, or a bad one. I don't know of any that I could recommend unfortunately. Good luck with it!

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Are you looking at buying brand new? If so, just walk into the dealer, see what it is going to cost you with all the options, then say "obviously if I ask you to look after me, you will be able to better that?"

It worked for me - I got over $2500 off the bottom line...

Car brokers will come in and play hard ball, but it might actually go against you in the long run - buy the car from you dealer, build a report with your sales crew, get them to refer you to their service dept and then parts - make sure you learn everyones name and it will pay dividends for you in the future...

Ass for second hand - if you want a good deal - use a broke, just dont ever speak to the old owner - casue he will feel that you ripped his arms and legs off...

Todd

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
IML337 said:
:eek: for a second there that looked like an insult rather than a misplaced space :D

I planned to use a broker but forgot to when the time actually came to go shopping. Best of luck, let us know how you go if you do use one :)

*another useless and unhelpful post from me*

·
-Mr T-
1,818 Posts
minigolf said:
I tried to, but ended up doing the deal myself after being treated like a bonehead idiot by one of the brokers I dealt with. I tell ya, he applied more pressure than Amanda Vanstone sitting on your lap. He was worse than Gordon Farkas off The Big Steal. :mad:

Poor Amanda. That's one helluva woman!

In my dealings with Mini dealers they seem to think they don't have to discount due to the limited availability of new cars. There are a few on the floor that you could probably get cheaper but if you order one you tend to pay full fare! Second hand buying would definitely be different. I know that in Canberra they have two Cooper S's on the floor and only need one as a demo. You could probably get one of them a bit cheaper though they have a few options fitted. One is Hyper Blue/ white and the other Pure silver / black (w/ sunroof).

Good luck

Tux

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
IML337 said:
"I'm not going around Australia in an Aboriginals car!"
QUOTE]

Whats wrong woth New Falcons, Commodores and Land cruisers???

Make two repayments then not pay and not get the car repossed for 2 years :mad: :mad: Pity ASTIC has gone :( They can't do that any more.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
Brett,

It's actually a quote out of the movie The Big Steal that was mentioned earlier in the thread. The old couple trade in their Nissan Cedric for a brand new Nissan Pintara in preparation for a trip around Australia, and the old lady thinks that Pintara is an aboriginal word, so she keeps telling her husband that she won't go around Australia in an "Aboriginal's car". You couldn't make a joke like that in a movie these days :D It's a good film actually, made when people like Claudia Karvan and Steve Bisley were no name actors. I recommend it!

However, I do see and can totally relate to your point - I've seen it all before as well :mad:

Anyway, back on topic then :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife has just ordered a new Cooper Chilli through a broker. Her experience with the local BMW dealer was less than positive. The sales person offered her $1500 reduction on "sale", although she'd "have to get the sales manager's OK". Delivery charges were $2500, however. The general demeanour was offhand - after all, there is a waiting list. The broker managed to get another $1300 on the BMW dealer's deal from an interstate dealer, effectively by reducing the delivery charges.

I won't attempt to push the bounds of advertising in this our first post on this forum, but the broker was mentioned on a Channel 7 "This Day Tonight" program some months ago.

The car won't be delivered until March, so the eventual outcome of the experience is still in the balance, but up until now it has been positive. Of course, like any dealer they will push the car protection packs, window tinting, etc., but you have the option of saying no.

My wife intends to get her car serviced at the local BMW dealer, but that is a separate matter to dealing with the sales department. She should expect to get totally professional service whether or not she purchased the vehicle through the dealership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the feedback. That’s quite a difference between dealer and broker. So let me get this right, your new mini has been purchased via an interstate dealer and the delivery costs are less. How so?

The point you made regarding the servicing makes sense, different department all together. It shouldn’t make a difference as to where you purchase your mini from.

BTW Would you mind passing on the details of the broker?

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
labrat said:
My wife intends to get her car serviced at the local BMW dealer, but that is a separate matter to dealing with the sales department. She should expect to get totally professional service whether or not she purchased the vehicle through the dealership.
Welcome to MINI2 labrat :)

there is a big difference between "professional service" and "lets go out of our way to help this good customer service"; hopefully your wife's MC will never need the second type of service. :)

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
trindadea said:
Thanks for the feedback. That’s quite a difference between dealer and broker. So let me get this right, your new mini has been purchased via an interstate dealer and the delivery costs are less. How so?
I would guess that the broker probably buys from that particular dealer quite often so is then able to lean on them a bit more when required.

Dealer delivery is a scam anyway and I wouldn't be surprised if a fair portion of it is cream for the dealer in any case. My MINI was missing it's lock nut and I had arranged to replace my OEM wheels the day after I picked up my MINI. Because I had no lock nut this necessitated two further return trips to the dealer to get it sorted. A work colleague of mrs minigolf recently bought a new car and they'd hardly driven the car out of the yard before they discovered the radiator cap was not on! So much for the pre-delivery inspection hey!

I initially tried using a broker because I had heard good things about them. The people who referred me on were happy. I wasn't.

Pleased to read that labrat got what he wanted. :)

:indi:

Cheers Liam

·
M2 Procrastinator
1,817 Posts
trindadea said:
So let me get this right, your new mini has been purchased via an interstate dealer and the delivery costs are less. How so?
well it's not interstate, but i know that the peugeot dealer in tamworth has taken a number of orders from sydersiders as his 'dealer delivery costs' [ie. overheads] are lower... as for physical delivery, peugeot aus include 1 transport in the purchase cost, ie. in this case direct to the consumer rather than to him! this might explain the situation... :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.