MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
If I build a Mini on the Web site and order it from the (US) dealer, trading in my old Mini, should the dealer lend me a car while I wait for the new one to arrive? Any experiences?
Thanks

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
should? no, they have no obligation to lend you one.

might they? perhaps, but it won't be free. my mini dealer uses some car rental company to keep up with loaner cars because they minis don't stand around long enough to be loaners ... so if you need a loaner car at my us dealer when your mini's in the shop, even then you have to pay a little bit.

call them and ask if they have any options, and also check, if you really need a car in the meantime, with some car rental places. they often do really deep discount if you're renting a car for more than 2 weeks.

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
My dealer lent me a ONE for four days while i was waiting on delivery of my dooper. However, they did charge me for £10 a day in insurance.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Depends on the relationship you have with the dealer...
When i got an RX8 a couple of years back I said I'd be without a car for a week as I'd sold my MINI on. they had no problem with that and lent me a mazda 3 until my car arrived.

Audi also will lend you a car if they don't meet the original quoted delivery date. My TT was late by three days, but I declined a loan car as I had my MINI to use too.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got lent a Fiat Punto HGT for two or three months whilst I was waiting for my Alfa 147 to arrive. The dealer put me on their insurance as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts