MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My Other car is a Bike
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A stone has smashed one of the sidelight lens located in the lower bumper of my 2007 MCS. Stealer wants £115 to replace:eek:

Is this an easy job, it looks like the bumper might have to come off?? Or am I best coughing up?

Also if going DIY route where is the best place to buy a replacement lens?

Newbie to Minis but reasonably competent at DIY so I dont mind doing the work as long as I know what I am doing:puzzled:

Cheers

Skin

·
My Other car is a Bike
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep! Typical plug and play one piece part but as usual it looks like either the bumper has to come off or you need to be a tiny handed contortionist to access it.

Looks like the dealer wins:(

·
Confused By Certain Users
9,613 Posts
Yep! Typical plug and play one piece part but as usual it looks like either the bumper has to come off or you need to be a tiny handed contortionist to access it.

Looks like the dealer wins:(
The dealer doesn't have to replace the Sidelight unit as far as I am aware. And is probably quite an easy DIY fit. ;)

·
My Other car is a Bike
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that Airbus but that is kinda why I started this thread - I need to know how to do it?

I do all my own work on my motorcycle so not averse to spennering just dont want to start expoloring without a map:)

Anybody pleez........?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it passenger or drivers side
The drivers side is easy (take off wheel open panel remove horn and just 3 screws to remove)
The passenger side is more difficult was washer bottle in way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts