MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've been driving a Cooper convertible, which I got as a loaner while my MCS is in the shop, for the past couple of days.

It's a hoot.

I'll be writing up an extensive review this week for the site. For now, my advice is buy one, if you own a garage or live in Southern California. Or, keep your current MINI and put snow tires on it, and buy a convertible to drive in the summer.

And I'd go for the MCS convertible (British racing green, white stripes, black roof). The Cooper convertble is extremely pleasant to drive, but an MCS Convertble would be...invigorating. :red:

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
I see you have to keep the top down most of the time? Presumably that's to hide the unsightly wear/scuff marks that will appear on the fabric roof over time.....

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Roof wear

TURB CAB said:
Are yours that bad? Terrible. I hope Mini decides to fix that for you.
Fortunately it's not that bad - yet, but it's beginning to appear more obvious that the hood is wearing in certain places. MINI are in denial as usual (lots of dialogue on another thread on this) so I'm waiting until it gets really bad, then my friends in the press here are going to do an interesting consumer article on the subject.....should be fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts