MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced a set of tires on my Mini Cooper S/JCW. Hankook RS2, 205x50x16, rev.per mile of 862,and a dia. of 24.1" - with a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 205x55x16, rev.per mile of 823, and a dia. of 25.2".
I observed a loss on average of four plus miles per gallon over the span of five tankfuls. My route to an from work did not change. Road conditions and weather was constant. Could this be correct? I have checked inflation pressures several times with no disparity in psi. Is this a normal occurance with such a small change in tire size?
Thank you for your time.
Bruce Wilson
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I recently replaced a set of tires on my Mini Cooper S/JCW. Hankook RS2, 205x50x16, rev.per mile of 862,and a dia. of 24.1" - with a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 205x55x16, rev.per mile of 823, and a dia. of 25.2".
I observed a loss on average of four plus miles per gallon over the span of five tankfuls. My route to an from work did not change. Road conditions and weather was constant. Could this be correct? I have checked inflation pressures several times with no disparity in psi. Is this a normal occurance with such a small change in tire size?
Thank you for your time.
Bruce Wilson
[email protected]

If the overall diameter of the wheel is increased, then the mpg and rate of acceleration will reduce accordingly. On the plus side you should get a higher top speed :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The speedometer will be incorrect, it will report slower speeds than you are actually doing.. so watch out for speed cameras :aargh: :camera:

I guess there is some way to change the tyre size in the MINI's computer hmm?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts