MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two minis, one is a 2019 JCW Countryman (F60) with Car Play and the iPhone 11 connects and works either via Car Play or bluetooth usually pretty well. Sometimes it fails to connect via Car Play if i have been using another bluetooth device with the iPhone, but a quick disconnect and reconnect usually solves that.

This question is about my 2016 Cooper S Convertible (F57), pre-Car Play; since i updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 14 it wont play in my car. It plays one or two tracks and then freezes. I have tried deleting the bluetooth profile and reconnecting.

In both cases Im using Apple Music and/or MP3s downloaded to my phone, with the same results. Playing music via the USB slot works fine as well.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
In the 2016 car might be to do with the car's software more so than the iphone IOS14 i.e. both aren't playing nicely together.

If the 2016 car's software is updatable then try updating and see.

·
Registered
2017 Mini Cooper 7 Special Edition, Manual, Moon Roof...
5 Posts
Steps below should get you there. If not here’s a link, though when you select software update at bottom left of the page, the server doesn’t respond so maybe try later.

www.mini.ie

PAIR YOUR DEVICE WITH YOUR MINI.

Only connect your device when the vehicle is stationary.

In your MINI
ADD A NEW DEVICE
Go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Add new device

On your device
SEARCH FOR YOUR MINI
Go to Settings > Bluetooth (make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device)

On your device
SELECT YOUR MINI AND SET A PASSKEY
Select the Bluetooth name of your MINI and set a passkey.

In your MINI
ENTER YOUR PASSKEY
Enter the same passkey, and once confirmed, select the function that you would like to use the device for.

ALL DONE.
The device is now connected, and will show up on the list of devices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reply Jerry.

I think you sent the wrong instructions, I know how to pair my phone with my mini. What I would like to know how to do is update the MINI software so it works with iphone11 and iOS14. I suspect only Mini/BMW will be able to do it.

Also I think you pasted the wrong link, it goes to the Irish Mini home page. There’s no software update button on the bottom left of the page.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try putting your VIN in here

Thanks knt

I did some of my own research earlier today and arrived at the same site. I do need some software updates for my Mini so will down load the file and run the update.

Ill post what happens here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.