MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Whenever I get little problems with our car, I always ask the missus to go to the dealer as I believe women get more sympathetically dealt with and can get away with having work done as a favour.
Anyone agree? or do you have your own methods for getting work done for free?
Aitchy

·
Shiredweller's Wife
2,732 Posts
My wife is the worlds best at dealing with people and I am among the worlds worst. She does all the talking for us and almost always gets what we want done.

·
Registered
641 Posts
When I ordered my MINI, I did the financial deal with the trade in and maanged to get a small discount as well, however I left it up to the wife to blag a few freebies which she did pretty well.

She managed to blag a 2 MINI rucksacks filled with MINI car care products (1 each!)
A fluffy MINI rucksack for my boy, a fluffy MINI cushion for my girl, a 1/2 bottle of MINI champagne, 4 tiny pull back n go MINI fridge magnets, sweets for the kiddies. She uses the MINI rucksack as a handbag and had enough cheek to go back to the dealer and blag a replacement when her back started to wear out after 6 or 7 months of hard use :)

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
I'd be lucky if my wife could find the dealership. Hahahaha... (yes honey, I'm coming...) :(

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well I've got my own special way of getting things for free! ;)

Shes called my mum! THe expert Haggler! She got £450 off the price of the car for me and freebie gifts thrown in for the fun of it! :D I love my mum!

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
id let my gf blag stuff but not order the car. when i first asked her what car she drove she said a ford, i said what type, she said a black one...

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Looks like you UK people can get some good deals. Then again, Mini never really left your shores, so I guess it can be had.

Markasaurus...lol! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cooper76 said:
Looks like you UK people can get some good deals. Then again, Mini never really left your shores, so I guess it can be had.

Markasaurus...lol! :D
Yep.

No such thing as a deal in the USA for a MINI. But, when you look at how they are dressed, how they stand out from all the look-alikes, and how they perform, I have to say that is deal enough for me. :D

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
cook1e said:
When I ordered my MINI, I did the financial deal with the trade in and maanged to get a small discount as well, however I left it up to the wife to blag a few freebies which she did pretty well.

She managed to blag a 2 MINI rucksacks filled with MINI car care products (1 each!)
A fluffy MINI rucksack for my boy, a fluffy MINI cushion for my girl, a 1/2 bottle of MINI champagne, 4 tiny pull back n go MINI fridge magnets, sweets for the kiddies. She uses the MINI rucksack as a handbag and had enough cheek to go back to the dealer and blag a replacement when her back started to wear out after 6 or 7 months of hard use :)
Blimey!!!! It seems like your wife has more front than me.....I was nearly begging for the Mini luggage but alas, it wasn't there on collection :mad: I think that perhaps had it been a man salesperson I could have jiggled it.....what do you think?? It was warm, un buttoned blouse perhaps, could have kept bending over to look at the wheels?!! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts