MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the parking spot I found today said "small cars only" so I parked my MINI there.

It warns about not goin over the rear line so I have a look just to make sure.

Looks like I dont have to worry bout that much. :D

·
minimalist
585 Posts
heh. there's a cineplex close to me with -plenty- of "compact cars" parking spots. but, of course, they're always full of door-against-door SUVs (i don't know how they get in/out of their barges, tailgate?). needless to say, i park at the supermarket parking lot near by (usually fairly empty and well lit) when i'm catching a movie...

·
Fershluginer Potrezibie
329 Posts
In the early '70s, my brother and I attended the same Community College, with a way too small parking lot - not enough to ever allow all the students to park at the same time. I drove my Mini Cooper, he drove a Honda Z600 Coupe, and there were some spots marked "Motorcycles or Small Cars ONLY", and since you weren't allowed to go over the lines of this teeny, tiny spot, we were the only cars that fit.

One day as I was leaving, I noticed one of the Campus Cops watching me, but I didn't think anything of it. My brother parked there soon after, and when he got out of class later and walked to his car, there's this Campus Cop getting ready to write a ticket! My brother says, "What's wrong?", and the cop tells him he's not supposed to park there! When my brother points out the sign, the cop looks at right at it and says, "It means only small cars can park here!" My brother overcomes his flabbergast, and tells the cop, "This is a SMALL CAR! I defy you to find a smaller car than this one!" The cop stared at him for about half a minute, and then grumbles, "Alright, I guess you're OK." Whadda moron! Later that year, they changed the sign - you guessed it - it was motorcycles only thereafter!

BCNU,
Rob in Dago

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Rick Anderson
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing