MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My source has informed me that there is a good chance next year that JCW will be offering the pulley and cold air intake as separate purchase option.
His thoughts were that MINI is losing a significant revenue from after market mods. After some marketing surveys, many owners expressed that the kit was to expensive and would like something more affordable and still warranted. This might be the compromise needed.
It is about time. :D

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
If they did offer that, under warranty, i'd do it in a second: :cool: :p :p :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't believe it. JCW is not loosing revenue. They are selling more kits than they ever anticipated. They are making a lot of money on these. A lot more than a $120 pulley will bring in. Also, they have been very adamant about tuning with reliability and John Cooper has always said with great conviction that the entire package is needed for reliability. I just don't see them watering themselves down to just a few low margin pieces here and there.

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
" They are making a lot of money on these. "

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH !!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dgszweda
I don't believe it. JCW is not loosing revenue. They are selling more kits than they ever anticipated. They are making a lot of money on these. A lot more than a $120 pulley will bring in
Again: His thoughts were that MINI is losing a significant revenue from after market mods.

Let say they would selll 5000 kits, Just think how many smaller conversions that could be sold to buyers that thet are losing to other distributors. 1000's
As mentioned:
The intake is already available separately ... pn 13-72-0-391-513 $450
and a pulley would not be $120.00 but $600.00.+ for ecu upgrade.
So a smaller version of the JCW kit could be $1200.00. Nice revenue for MINI.
.Orders would be overwhelming :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts