MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate that this will probably be teaching you to suck eggs but just in case....

Long story short! Got Halloween "egging, bangering and stoning" care of some cerebrally challenged, in-bred youths. The climax was a half-brick bouncing off the sunroof as I tried to make good my escape. :mad:

Net result was smashed front section of my sunroof. Quote from BMW was 550 quid fitted. Insurance claim was looking costly given I have no protection on my no claims. Excess was 225 pounds without adding on the loss of NCD over the next 2 years.

However, Axa put the claim through under "Glass/Windscreen". Net result was a 60 quid excess charge and no impact on my NCD.

Autoglass fitted the new panel. It seems pretty good although I am convinced that it sits 1mm higher at the rear and 1 mm short at the front. I'll probably take it in next week for a bit of fine tuning.

So, in the unlikely event that a meteorite falls through your panoramic roof don't rush to claim against your policy as though it is a bodywork repair. Go "windscreen" claim, pay the 60 notes and keep your NCD intact.

With a saving like that you can put the money towards an engine tuning upgrade so you can drive away quicker next time thereby avoiding said meteorite or local yob!

Booked in for JCW next week :D

Fraz

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Damage, But Yes, its Good to know that any sunroof damage can be claimed for via windscreen insurance.
:)

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
I hope you chased the toe rags with the tire iron and beat them unconcious 1st!
Gits id hate anything like that to happen, well someone did kick my minis wheel arch whilst I was inside Tesco he was 1 week old too I was gutted :(

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
I wouldn't have bothered driving away, I would've kicks the living daylights out of them and force them to pay up! People damaging Minis just makes me mad! :mad: :mad:

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Hey! Lay off these yobs....most of them have children already and need to be a father figure to their child. Ok at 17 and high on drugs and cider, not that a good example but still....

Ok That was a joke. It was probably one of them that keyed my car. And if you attack one of them, their whole posse and family get involved....and that can be a dangerous thing my friend...

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Oh man, that sucks! I am sorry to hear that my MINI friend! I feel your pain all the way across the pond!

There is something disturbing about the youth these days when they are brave enough to do things like this...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. :(

Trick or treating wants banning over here! :mad:

What makes that night O.K. out of all the others in the year to perform harassing, illegal, dangerous and criminal activities?
Still have egg on one of our upstairs side windows. If I'd have caught the little b'stards doing it they'd have known about it. :mad:

My car was most definitely locked up in my garage that night!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hmm, its depressing the damage a cheap H Samuels soveriegn ring can do to a bonnet :(

What is the problem with the "yoof" in britain at the mo - they have everything they need but still have to smash up/steal anything they dont have :(

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
why did the yob cross the road? 'cos he was getting beaten up...

why did 20 yobs cross the road? to beat someone up.....

(that's the toned down version...)

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
HObzy said:
Hmm, its depressing the damage a cheap H Samuels soveriegn ring can do to a bonnet :(

What is the problem with the "yoof" in britain at the mo - they have everything they need but still have to smash up/steal anything they dont have :(
Well surely you should know birthday boy to be....your a teacher! So you tell us! :D

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
HObzy said:
I refuse to answer that on the grounds it may incriminate me at a later date me'lud...
I don't get it....you have lost me! :confused: Why can't you tell us why the 'youf' of today are such morons?

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
HObzy said:
(Whispers) cos i blame the parents... :eek: ;)
We ALL blame the parents! Its no secret! If the parents are a bad example to their kids, then the kids reflect that....by damaging people's MINIs and stuff! Even the kids know that!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes but as a head of year i have to pretend its my fault :( even though i want to tell them the truth to their faces. One of these days i'm going to let rip in a meeting. ( and i dont mean fart).

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
HObzy said:
Yes but as a head of year i have to pretend its my fault :( even though i want to tell them the truth to their faces. One of these days i'm going to let rip in a meeting. ( and i dont mean fart).
If you do...can you tell me when your planning on doing that, coz that seems like a spectacale that very few people will ever see!

And at your age, letting rip in the terms of passing methane, comes naturally, just like incontinence.

And this is where I stop talking except in the General Rubbish thread before I :bad::bad::bad::bad: way, way too many people off. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts