MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my wonderful Mini One for three years and decided to upgrade to a Cooper at the weekend. I know they say that people get attached to their Minis but I thought I was beyond that. Instead of feeling elated about my latest purchase, I'm a bit upset that Susie and I are parting ways. I have truely enjoyed the experience of driving Suz and I hope the new owner gets as much pleasure from it as I did.

Did anyone else feel this way about moving on from their first Mini?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, I did for the first couple of days. Hes (yep a guy) in gods garage now... :(

...Although I do believe in reincarnation. He will be reicarnated in the form of a full blown updated '05 JCW MINI, with sport susp and the whole deal. Back, but this time even faster...

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
Toasty said:
yep... saying goodbye to minnie was horrid (about a month ago)... got really quite emotional... pathetic really but atleast we still have Bertie so still have one min in the family! :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm going through separation anxiety right now. Just sold my 02 MC so I can upgrade. The buyer's and I exchanged $$ and paperwork last night, so my Indi mini will be leaving me this Saturday. :(

While I'm looking forward to our new car, I know saying goodbye will be very painful. Also finding out that the buyers don't have a garage and are only attracted to the Mini because "it's cute" make me worry that I haven't found as good a home for her as I should have.

There's also the fear that I'm giving up a car without many faults (one small intermittent rattle) and going to a new car that may have a host of issues.

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Toasty said:
oh dear yes :( :( Granted, the first was totaled, but I think I would have rather rebuilt him and suffered through constant headaches than move onto another Cooper. Two months after Beans was declared a "total loss" ( :( ) I started looking for my new Cooper. I have him now, but I'm extremely sad to say that its just not the same. I (gasp!) almost think of him as just a car. :eek: :eek: I'm sure its just a matter of getting to know each other. I gave him a full wash and detail the other day followed by a good thrashing (I mean drive).. and I felt pretty close to him at the time. :D

There is a local scrap yard that I've seen sell wrecked MINIs on Ebay before. I check back every now and then to see if my Beans will show up. If he does, I think I'm going to buy him and rebuild with my dad. hush, hush... I know how much work it will be. I don't care. :p

Hopefully my next grand MINI transition will be under better circumstances. Even though I don't love the current MINI like my last one, I'll still be sad to see him go. Hopefully there will be a shiny new MCS to help cheer me up though ;)

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
I said Goodbye to my MINI last week after 2 and a half years to take delivery of my new Cooper.
My new car looks exactly like my first one, but obviously with a bit more kit on it. But I still felt as guilty as hell for 'abandoning' her. :(

Simon - Don't worry, she's fine (she's got new shoes at the moment - she's got my alloys on until they're swapped over :D)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts