MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I'm told I didn't have any appointment, even though I was told to bring it in today. Then it turns out I could leave it but they were out of loner cars. So I was like ok i'll come back next week. So I email the service manager to tell him what happened and this nice email below. I don't see why the heck it matters were I bought the car. I just paid 34,000 dollars for a car, I should have the same service as everyone.

"
You neglected to tell me you picked up your new MINI from a different dealership. When we were emailing back and forth I was under the impression that you were a new purchase customer of MINI of Sterling.

The issues you discussed with me are delivery issues. For our customers that purchase here they are taken care of on the spot. I did not make an actual appointment because that is our new purchase customer policy.

I regret your inconvenience, but this could have been cleared up had I known you purchased elsewhere."

Think I should send a copy of this letter to Miniusa and complain?

·
Registered
514 Posts
What were you going to have done? I purchased my 02 MC from Towson in MD (and my 05 MCSC) but have had all my service done at Sterling because it was more convenient.They have always treated me very well.

It seems that if the work you requested is due to manufacturing problems, then they shouldn't have any problem doing the warranty work. I could see if it was something like programming the user options on the car that they would be less inclined to do that because i doubt that is a covered expense for them, but assumed to be part of the $$ they make on a sale.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
I doubt MINIUSA can do anything about it ... the dealership isn't denying you service, they're just not giving you the preferential treatment they afford to those who purchase from them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm

Was going to have them look for a rattle, fix the dead pixel on my nav screen, remove all the leffover tape/glue still from the shipping and I also wanted them to set the dealer options which they told me they would chage me 40 bucks for so I told them I'd call Richmond and ask them to pay. But giving me different treatment isn't the way to run a shop. People buy cars all the time from different places and service them elsewhere.

Howard

P.S. I just called talked to the Richmond dealership and they said they charge too to set up the daytime running lights and door unlocks. Is that normal? I thought you get those options free.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds like the Richmond dealer did a pretty poor job of prepping the car. I am surprised that Sterling didn't address the rattle and nav screen issue however, as those are definitely warranty related repairs.

Not trying to make excuses for Sterling - they should have treated you like any other ower - but they seem to get the lion's share of service calls from those of us buying in the DC metro area, even when we get our cars in Towson, Annapolis, or Richmond. It makes it hard for them to provide service for all of their customers along with us "outsiders."

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
howardpm said:
I just called talked to the Richmond dealership and they said they charge too to set up the daytime running lights and door unlocks. Is that normal? I thought you get those options free.
I believe you get one free programming of these options at the dealership where you purchase the car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Miniusa

Miniusa called Crown Mini of Richmond for me and they told them that they should have given me 1 free programming before I picked up my car which they didn't do, so now its to late since I had sterling do it, but I'm going to see if they will reimburse me do to misinformation.

Howard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.