MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a stop sign and suddenly CRUNCH!!! An older woman driving a Nissan Murano drove at a slow speed into my car. Her front end crunched the tail gate a bit and scraped up the bumper. Just wonderful! I haven't owned the car a year and now I have to bring it in for work. :( Has anyone had any experience at New Country with body work?? I have no idea what the replacement cost will be...though it will definitely be covered by her insurance company. At least she was very nice and gave me her info without hesitation. But I'm still bummed that my car was hit. Now my car will be bruised up for the Toy Run in RI in a few weeks. I just had to get this frustration off my chest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
been there, done that twice already. was rear ended in July and put a golf ball sized dent in my bumper. also check your hatch release as they had to replace mine . when the jerk hit me it was right beneath the latch and it made this god awful noise when I went to open it. was also literally run over by a ram 1500 in April, right over the left front of my Mini, they had to replace the bonnet and the xenon headlight , side skirt also. that took over 4 weks to fix but the rear ending I had it back inside of a week. I took my car to my own body shop as I know their work and have always been satisfied with it. the worst part was seeing my baby being put onto a flatbed. so good luck and make sure they match the paint good.

Bobbie

·
drive it like i stole it
837 Posts
sorry to hear your mini got spanked, that just happened to me a few months ago. I went to Scott's auto body in Millbury, ma. he did a great job. perfect paint match. this could be a good opportunity for some rear stripes you know. thats when i had mine put on.
DON'T FORGET, IF YOU'RE REAR ENDED, THE OTHER PERSONS INSURANCE CO. HAS TO GIVE YOU A RENTAL AND PAY FOR IT. in mass. anyways.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I took my Mini to Airport Auto Body in Hartford. They specialize in BMW's and other high-end foreign vehicles. Plus, the place was highly recommended by a friend who had work done there with his BMW. The appraiser came to my house at 8 AM yesterday and my car was in the shop by 11 AM. Talk about quick turnaround!! I already had aftermarket stripes on the boot, and the guy from the body shop can't get them directly from MINI. I will have to order them and then have them put the stripes on. No big deal. I won't get my car back until Tuesday though. Talk about WITHDRAWALS!!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Tough luck, Crazed. I recognize it when i see it. You have one hell of a turnaround, though. What insurance company is treating you so well??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GMINI said:
Tough luck, Crazed. I recognize it when i see it. You have one hell of a turnaround, though. What insurance company is treating you so well??
Believe it or not, it's Travelers. I can't believe it! The claims adjuster told me I would get 3 days Loss of Use pay (to be used towards a rental if I want). I called her back and told her I wouldn't have my car for six days and she responded by saying that's not what they usually pay but would check with her supervisor. She never called me back. On Tuesday I got a check in the mail for 6 days Loss of use! Sa-weet! Plus, I got the car back in perfect condition. I can't even tell it was repaired! I highly recommend Airport Auto Body for Mini repairs in the CT area.

·
likes pork
56 Posts
congrats! If only all insurance companies were that giving :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts