MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the brochures, driven several MINIs, and I'm taking delivery of a new Cooper on March 2nd with Chili Pack, etc., but I still don't have a clue what the sports seats look like! Every MINI I see seems to have a different set of seats, so can anyone help me out? Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi monsta

r u sure u got the right pics of sports seats? coz they look very similar to my seats except mine is half leather and i sure didnt opt for the sport seats ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Those are the sports seats alright.

Only 2 types of seats available.

Dave

·
Registered
353 Posts
They're right - look at the extra side support for your back and thighs.

This picture makes them more pronounced

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I have opted for the sports seats on my ONE. havent seen a picture of a ONE with sports seats yet, come to think of it, my dealer has never seen a ONE with sports seats :eek:
They only cost an extra £170 :) :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Thanks for all that. I now know what I didn't know before. I feel quite humbled as well- it's so good to be part of such an enthusiastic and like-minded community of people!
I may not have my Mini yet (10 days and counting), but I already know that the experience is going to be GREAT!

·
Registered
48 Posts
monsta said:
These are the non-sports seats in the same style (the ones I have)
ok thanks for the pics! seems the look differences are not very pronounced. just wondering if the sport seats are much more comfortable, or offers more support than the normal ones for those who have tried both. i have different in recaro seats but these sport seats arent in the same league or are they (apperance can be deceptive):confused:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've got the standard seats and they are pretty comfy, but when I've had loan Coopers with the sports seats I found them very uncomfortable as they are rock hard on the backrest.

The side support is good to keep you from sliding around, but on long journeys they are far too hard.

Thats why I've not gone for the chilli pack, don't want a spoiler or SPS+, sports seats too hard, and can live without the bigger wheels. I'd rather spend the cash on extra options like climate and MFSW.

Only my opinion though.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
MrCooper said:
They're right - look at the extra side support for your back and thighs.

This picture makes them more pronounced
Thats a VERY interesting picture. The red is MUCH darker than the normal red. Did you play with it, or is there an interior colour available that I didn't know about ?

:confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Varse said:
I've got the standard seats and they are pretty comfy .......
The side support is good to keep you from sliding around, but on long journeys they are far too hard.
feel the same about the standard seats, except that the extra side support would come in handy on weekends on the Alp roads. the idea of switching seats with quick release buttons or keys between standard seats (daily use) and sports seats preferably recaro (fun use:D ) sounds super

·
Registered
353 Posts
No trickery on my part Basil - I think they just look darker. Its not my car its an oficial MINI publicity shot so perhaps thats it. :p

I DO like the idea of the red carpet, very cool. 8) does anyone have this or is it just on this picture?

·
Registered
431 Posts
MrCooper said:
No trickery on my part Basil - I think they just look darker. Its not my car its an oficial MINI publicity shot so perhaps thats it. :p

I DO like the idea of the red carpet, very cool. 8) does anyone have this or is it just on this picture?
I think it is just red floor mats. :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
MrCooper said:

It looks realy classy, sort of burgandy wine colour.....hmmm

thanks for the pic, I've not seen it before...

:)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I sat in sports seats for the first time the other week and boy weren't they NICE! So pleased I have orderd Chilli, sports seats come FREE! yipee :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts