MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, how many people have ordered / expressed interest in a Clubman to date? :puzzled:

Will this new model be a sales success or a damp squib for MINI? :puzzled:

Is it filling a niche which doesn't exist, especially with the lacklustre reception of the suicide door in right hand drive markets?

Just wondering is the Clubman being as well received as the 3 door hatch has been to date? :)

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
I nearly had an order in. :eek: I'm still thinking about it. However I'm worried that with the very poor press over the door location the car will be a orphan. I'm also worried that MINI will whack a door on the left within a couple of years.

I had a look at a 120i last night. It has 4 doors, is better equipped, and I believe will be cheaper than a clubman chilli S by about 10%. That's where I am today. Ask me again in a week!

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noone with an order in then? :eek:

That would be a shame Steve if you had to jump ship :( The Clubman was supposedly designed to appeal to a family man like you :eek:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The Clubman doesn't appeal to Abi and I at all at the moment I'm afraid. Which again is a shame with No.2 on the way the MINI probably just isn't going to work. I think we both wanted to Clubman to be the solution, but I can't see it happening now. The "Club door" and rear end are very big turn-offs.

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
San is considering a Clubman for her work car..Although she is not sure the powers that be will let her have one...and she is the one person who likes the club door as she can put her bag in the back seat from the drivers side....:rolleyes::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts