Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no time for idiots

MrCooper said:
Not me but I wish it was . . .
Although the plate attracted my attention I`m afraid it was for all the wrong reasons.

The owner is quite clearly taking the p*ss out of the rest of us and risking a fine of up to £1000.

From what I saw of it the plate was made up solely by letters - no numbers at all!!

We all know that a 0 (zero) is not the same as an O (letter).

The "C" appeared to have been converted from a G by the careful positioning of one of the screw fixings, whilst the "E" was constructed in a similar (stupid) fashion from a C.

Sorry MrCooper, but surely you don`t actually wish it was you driving around with that noddy plate - do you?

Personally I hope the owner gets prosecuted with the max. fine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good thing one of us has good eyes Jaxx :p ! I didn't even notice that. If I were to get the plate my bloody concience would make me feel bad if it weren't legal (damn it!!!):p :p :p

I'll have to have a word with him for impersonating me though ;););):D :D :D

Anyway - I saw my car for the first time yesterday and any thoughts of it needing a personal plate to make it look special have vanished. It was the first time I've seen the 17" in the flesh - stunning.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think its a £20 quid fine for having an 'illegal' plate :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It`s a max £1000 penalty

smiffy said:
I think its a £20 quid fine for having an 'illegal' plate :eek: :eek: :eek:
You`re wrong smiffy, like I said it`s a maximum of £1000.

Check out the DVLA site if you remain in any doubt.

I`m sure that with regard to M COOPER such obvious blatent disrespect for the Law would quite rightly attract a much higher penalty than your measly £20.

If you have an illegible plate due to a build-up of road dirt it is also a maximum fine of £1000 - quite rightly in my opinion.

I hate Gatso`s as much as anyone, but in the event of a road accident where the victim or witnesses are unable to decipher the `personalised` number plate of a departing participant`s vehicle then such `cool` disregard for the Law surely deserves a `personalised` fine.

It is true that with M COOPER it would probably easily be remembered and deciphered later.

And yes smiffy, I have a special plate which I paid hard earned money for - but it is strictly legal.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm with Jakx on this one (and my Mini Cooper has an impersonal "personalised" plate, from the 1960s to round out that retro look).

As well as the £1000 fine, the DVLA can withdraw the plate, requiring the owner to re-register the car with a different number.

The Police are much more likely to kick up a fuss and report you to the DVLA if you use cute positioning of the screw fixing to misrepresent numbers or letters. Turning that "C" into an "E", and using a "G" instead of a "6" are pretty blatant abuses of this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
who cares if thats what his plate says? :rolleyes: if he wants to get a ticket let it happen its none of your business to be worried about it. :p

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I was after getting P10AMO making DAMO, wasn't going to change the 0 to a D or out as I thought it would look fine as it is don't yah think :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
The spacing of the letters/numbers is also a illegal. The problem that I see is partially with the DVLA. The will blatantly sell, for a very high price, a number plate that they know can be messed with and made to look very different by letter spacing and fixing screws.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
plate by the book . . . !

Mach5 said:
who cares if thats what his plate says? :rolleyes: if he wants to get a ticket let it happen its none of your business to be worried about it. :p
You`re quite right of course - the Mounties always get their man and all that . . !

I just thought it fair to warn M Cooper keeper of the possible severe penalty.

(If he/she happens to roam around these `ere forums.)

:confused:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
y not go 4 it

Damian_Hardman said:
I was after getting P10AMO making DAMO, wasn't going to change the 0 to a D or out as I thought it would look fine as it is don't yah think :p
What`s the problem Damian, surely all you have to do is to get rid of 2 figures and very carefully change the P into a D?

Simple - job done!

:D ;) ;) :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Number plates are used for all sorts of reasons, one of which has to be identification if your vehicle is involved in an accident.

If you don't have the money to get the real thing, don't flaunt the law.

Everyone around the world cops fines for speeding, what the hell makes you so damned special?. If you flaunt the law in this regard, would you stop if you hit someone ?. If you decided to make a run for it. Your car is untraceable is it not!!.

Sorry, but this kind of adolescent behavior annoys this old man.

Does MINI2 condone such behaviour. I doubt it very much.

Do the right thing.

cheers

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Basil said:
Number plates are used for all sorts of reasons, one of which has to be identification if your vehicle is involved in an accident.

If you don't have the money to get the real thing, don't flaunt the law.

Everyone around the world cops fines for speeding, what the hell makes you so damned special?. If you flaunt the law in this regard, would you stop if you hit someone ?. If you decided to make a run for it. Your car is untraceable is it not!!.

Sorry, but this kind of adolescent behavior annoys this old man.

Does MINI2 condone such behaviour. I doubt it very much.

Do the right thing.

cheers

Erm do you understand the word Joke!

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Oh Dear Oh Dear!

I was joking about removing the 6 from the registration! I do beleive I'm gettting P10AMO with no alterations! Besides what differace does it make! If someone alter the reg slightly and gets booked its there problem. I'm also preety sure that 99.9% of the people who would alter the reg, if involved in accident aren't about to drive off. And those who do alter the reg so you can't tell at all are probably bank robbers anyway!

Take a chill pill!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts