MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· F43i0
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one Fabio.:cool:

I was just thinking today I fancy taking my GP on track. I may try and get some lessons, as I'm bit of track day novice.:D

How's did the brakes/Tyres hold out? :)
i am a novice myself and it went smooth, i slowly built up my sped throughout the day. The brakes seem'd okay but towards the end of the morning as i was braking a bit harder and later the abs was kicking in a lot more. It was wet so that made it easier on the car. I think when i'll be pushing the car to its limits for the day the brakes will start to suffer and i'll need some sort of upgrade(braided hoses or even brakes)

Tyres were crap, they didnt have much grip at all. I'm looking into a new set of wheels and tyres ;)

I'm goona get an insructor out with me next time to show me lines,etc to help improve things

Bu your gonna love it , i just wonder why i never brought my old s out

· F43i0
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like you had a good time mate, so what else was on the track with you and how did the GP hold out?
there were a load of m3's,a csl, rs4. ferrari 360, Evo's, suburus, catherams, Clio Sport

TBH it really depended on the driver, i'd catch the ferrari and rs4 around the bends but they pull away on the straights, the guy with the rs4 only had it 2 weeks and only his 2nd time out on track, ferrari driver must have been a novice also. Most of the other guys were experienced drivers and with the extra power just pulled away. Might have to get the piggy bank strted up for the CSL :D

I'm looking forward to the next one :D

· Banned
49,960 Posts
I've yet to take a Mini out. Combination of things...

Didn't want to wreck my tyres/brakes. Plus scared of trashing my car.:rolleyes: I would have to take insurance, just for piece of mind.
those are the things that always put me off too, would do it someone elses car at the drop of a hat though:p

Maybe a MINI2 weekend at Rockingham is in order, using their cars;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.