MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ay Up
361 Posts
You only got the neons on the sides?
Looks mint mate, although not too sure about the blue washer lights.
Looks trick, how many colours do they cycle through? :cool:

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Funky :D

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nova... :rolleyes: lol.

I've taken the washers off cos they're illegal in blue but the neons aren't. they cycle 7 colours. i have front and back neon tubes but need the aero bumpers on to fit them otherwise they'll get smashed. so i might do that soon.

·
Clio 197 R27
2,235 Posts
Looking very BLINGIN jason! Are the bulbs well hidden? There is a Civic Type R local to us, (in black) with red neons, and it would look good except you can see the bulb which I think ruins the effect!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well they really are LED tubes which are mounted behind the side skirt so you can't see the tube. Apparently the neons are illegal if you can see the bulb, as a "glow" or "reflection" is what you can get away with.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KenL said:
I think they look ghastly and greatly cheapen a classy car :eek:

...but then I am an old f*rt :D
you may be supprised by this but i agree they cheapen the car. i only had them fitted because all my mates drive round in convoy, Fiesta, Saxo, Clio etc... with the same neons fitted. so when we go to cruises we all match.

it's called the blu cru lol

J

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
you may be supprised by this but i agree they cheapen the car. i only had them fitted because all my mates drive round in convoy, Fiesta, Saxo, Clio etc... with the same neons fitted. so when we go to cruises we all match.

it's called the blu cru lol

J
:D I really am old obviously :D

the blu cru fantastic :D

Do you wear white or burberry baseball caps :p

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Looks cool never seen a mini with Neons under the car mainly Novas etc...
Looks good thou :D

·
A GinGer ******
108 Posts
Sorry mate sure this is your pride and joy - I don't mean to diss but:

I currently have a saxo VTS and I’m ordering my Cooper S this weekend ready for 05 plate...

thing is I really wish I didn't see this post as its exactly why I’m selling my VTS they all seem to have neon’s and silly big bumpers on nowadays...

I thought the new mini owners were different..

·
Registered
162 Posts
oGGy said:
Sorry mate sure this is your pride and joy - I don't mean to diss but:

I currently have a saxo VTS and I’m ordering my Cooper S this weekend ready for 05 plate...

thing is I really wish I didn't see this post as its exactly why I’m selling my VTS they all seem to have neon’s and silly big bumpers on nowadays...

I thought the new mini owners were different..
I have a Saxo Furio and, like you, have a Mini on order. I am looking forward to having a car that does not have the reputation that the Saxo has! :eek:

Even so, those neons look sick!!! I think I will be keeping my Mini as near as stock as possible.... may get some Chrome wing mirrors and that will be it.

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
Jason I'm confused (nothing new there! :rolleyes: ) . I thought I read a few weeks ago you were rejecting your car because of lots of problems with it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.