MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The King of Bling
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it should be in the mods section but I'm in desperate help now and I thought this would get a quicker reply.

Well I got my standard filler cap off my Cooper and attempted to fit the 'S' cap and it no go. I can get the hinge in behind the metal but I cannot get the plastic and rubber surround around the filler ring. In the process of trying to force it i've snapped a little piece of the plastic.

Does anyone have any ideas or any instructions that can help me? I've search numerous web sites including this but nothing is helping me.

Surely if you can get it off you can get it back on, right?

No I haven't taken the wheel off..........

HELP!!! :(

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
I managed to fit mine without taking the wheel off.But it was a bit of a stuggle i also ended up breaking part of black plastic just to the left of the filler neck near to the hinge assembly but in doing so i got the cap to fit and it can't really be seen.

If i remember right i just forced it on with the help of a thin bladed screw driver and a little brut force from an helper.

Hope this helps a little.

:)

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
Also i think once i broke it i cut away that bit of plastic, it was around the rubber collar area on the filler cap..

·
Registered
74 Posts
stillthewhizz said:
Does anyone have any ideas or any instructions that can help me? I've search numerous web sites including this but nothing is helping me.
I have a large wor doc with colour photos on the whole process. I can email it to you if you're still struggling.

I had to take te rear wheel off when I did mine as I couldn't get the old one out. This also makes it dead easy to get the new one in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please could you E-mail that to me. i have been desparate for months to start my Cooper S Look-alike Thanx JSR

Soz dunno if you still have that document as it has been 3 years and 5 months plse let me know if u still have it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanx for the Doc it is much appriciated. But one Question this is obiously an American doing this i presume on an American Mini so is the conversion any different? Thanx JSR

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I snapped my old one too. But doing so it went in better. I didn't want to remove the wheel, wheel liner or loosen petrol filler. So brute force I'm afraid. It wasn't a nice thing to do at all. I did get a bit stuck with out a cap on for a while before I just went for it and forced it on.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.