MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
der Hummermeister
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard an alarm going off this morning, and had a gut feeling it may be mine. Well, sure enough about 10 minutes after the alarm stopped my doorbell rang and there was a guy telling me he'd bashed my car while turning his van around. How on earth people manage to crash into stationary vehicles is quite beyond me, but at least the guy had the decency to come and tell me.

Anyway, the van smashed my (left) headlight and has slightly dented the bonnet surrounding the headlight. Anyone know the part number for the headlights, or is it likely I'll have to replace the whole bonnet?

Total bummer, but like I told the guy: these things happen. :(

·
der Hummermeister
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, the bonnet's still in place. There's a dent just to the side of the (smashed) light enclosure. Thing is, the design, with the lights incorporated into the hood itself, I wouldn't be too surprised if BMW suggest having a complete new bonnet.

Oh well. I'm taking it in to the Stephen James service centre tomorrow. I'll see what they say. Then it's time to find out if the number I was given is genuine or a phoney. :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not good news, sorry to hear that. This has never happened to me, but I'm stunned that somebody stopped and gave you their details. I guess I've just heard too many stories of people driving off.

I would assume the number is genuine - if the guy knocked on your door and owned up I wouldn't have thought he would give you a dodgy number.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate :(
As you say at least he just didn't drive off. That would have been worse.
I have seen a bonnet and the light unit comes complete and just bolts in. So if the damage isn't too bad maybe the bonnet could be repaired and a new light unit fitted.
Hope it works out as well as possible for you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts