MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just bought a mini from 2005 1.6 petrol and today after driving I checked the engine because I could see sort of fumes. I found this tar looking substance. I asked the previous owner and he said it was heat resistant. I am not quite sure it should be melting like that and be sticky while driving. Please check picture

Attachments

· Registered
110 Posts
Someone has done a bodge job on that.
At some point they have removed/replaced the intercooler and the boots have been leaking afterwards and it they have just used sealant to fix it.

I would just buy new boots but also make sure the intercooler is fitted correctly.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Hi. I just bought a mini from 2005 1.6 petrol and today after driving I checked the engine because I could see sort of fumes. I found this tar looking substance. I asked the previous owner and he said it was heat resistant. I am not quite sure it should be melting like that and be sticky while driving. Please check picture
Oh me oh my, that’s a lash up of epic proportions! I wonder what else they have done to sell it, I’d be very concerned and get the car checked over if I were you. Get that sorted ASAP as sealant in the induction system is going to get into places you really don’t want it to.

· Registered
13,636 Posts
hmm looks like tiger seal when its gets very hot panel seam sealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.