MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

MINI is five years old this month! What fun we've had :D

Recently, at low speeds, I've noticed a squeaking sound coming from the front right wheel when at low speeds (5-30mph).

The squeak occurs while moving and when I'm turning the steering wheel any amount - a little or a lot - to the left. When turning to the right, there is less of a squeak, if any... I know this because I drove in circles and loops in the car park and the locals thought I'd gone mad :)

So probably a bearing or a joint? It sounds close to the wheel. The wheels were recently off (and sub frame lowered) for new poly wishbone bushes.

Can anyone advise on what part or joint to grease or oil?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello folks,

MINI is five years old this month! What fun we've had :D

Recently, at low speeds, I've noticed a squeaking sound coming from the front right wheel when at low speeds (5-30mph).

The squeak occurs while moving and when I'm turning the steering wheel any amount - a little or a lot - to the left. When turning to the right, there is less of a squeak, if any... I know this because I drove in circles and loops in the car park and the locals thought I'd gone mad :)

So probably a bearing or a joint? It sounds close to the wheel. The wheels were recently off (and sub frame lowered) for new poly wishbone bushes.

Can anyone advise on what part or joint to grease or oil?
Hi, i work on minis. If your mini is on 16" wheels check the tyres. If GOODYEAR EAGLES are fitted then the first thing to do is have both front tyres rotated on the rim 90 degrees. Sounds stupid but it works. If your tyre tread is low have the tyres changed.

If none of this info effects your vehicle it maybe a suspension problem. If you live in Manchester/tameside area i can help you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts