MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Hmmm... it's been 8 days now. Can we safely assume that someone was just trolling for replies when this thread was started? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is a Canadian TV commercial that has been running for a few weeks (I've only heard it a couple of times). It is in a similar style to the theme song from The Sopranos and the main theme is "my money's on the little guy" (I liked it so much i put it in the signature...). It was playing in theatres and then went to TV and now i think its off the air. someone mentions in another thread that they have a tape of it but they are concerned about abusing the rights...

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Silver Surfer said:
the advert is on the mini usa web site

a bloke driving along and gets pulled by a british police car
Yes, a commercial with a song has been on the miniusa.com site (as a MINI Production) for about a week now, but AFAIK there was no song, no commercial back on 20 Feb when this thread started. :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've got the MINI.ca TV commercial on tape. I don't know where to upload it though, so anyone here can download it. Does anyone want it for their site? I'd have to ICQ it or something, because it's too big to email. It'll also take bloody forever, because I only have dial-up.

It's a long commercial, about 60 seconds. I've got it down to about 6 megs, as a DiVX encoded AVI file. Any smaller, and it looks crap.

I've also got clips from MotorWeek and MotorVision if anyone knows where to put 'em.

·
Registered
320 Posts
hmm..with "Morpheus" everyone could catch it from your
harddrive, but you have a Dial-up..broadband flat would manage better.
the other way is, to go for free webspace and upload the files.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll post here too...

The song is called Sunshine Pig by a band called Chirs and Tad. You can hear a sample (and download the song if you are a memeber) at www.emusic.com

Bruce - because you asked... I did a search on google for "how did you get so" and found someone's lyrics page for the band. Then did a search on the band and found audio samples. I wasn't looking for a song called Sunshine Pig - so it took me a little longer than it could have but I am pretty proud of myself. I am sure my employer is thrilled that they paid me to figure out this mystery today.

-shawna

·
Registered
90 Posts
pbeirne said:
There is a Canadian TV commercial that has been running for a few weeks (I've only heard it a couple of times). It is in a similar style to the theme song from The Sopranos and the main theme is "my money's on the little guy" (I liked it so much i put it in the signature...). It was playing in theatres and then went to TV and now i think its off the air. someone mentions in another thread that they have a tape of it but they are concerned about abusing the rights...
If someone could tell me who the band is that recorded the song for the Canadian commercial, I would appreciate it (I played the commercial about 10 times just so I could listen to the song).....:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts