MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in Sonoma County, and I am in the market to buy a Cooper Mini. MAX I can spend is 16 Grand. Does anyone have one for sale, or know of anyone? i would guess for 16 Grand I would have to go with a 2002 by default, but I'm open to Any 2002 - 04 Coopers. Also, I am 6'4" like 180 pounds. I should Easily be able to fit into a Cooper Mini. Maybe not? Anyone relatively close to Santa Rosa? I just want to sit in one, and see if i actually fit. The closest Mini dealer is in Concord.

Also, can anyone post interior pics of their Cooper? Not just the front and dash, but the rear seats, etc.

Oh Yeah! I've been talking with another member on this forum, and he showed me some safety rating of the Mini cooper and I compared that with other cars. The sites kept saying "In a crash with a like car(so same size car)". but what about a crash with a bigger car, like an SUV? I just need to get as much info as i can, to show my parents, because they think the Mini's are unsafe, and a waste of money, but....YEAH RIGHT! Mini's are so bad ass. I've looked in Google, and I've looked around this site, read the reviews, spec's, etc. So thanks in advance to everyone. Thanks! - Brian

EDIT: Oh wow, this is my first post. Well, I've been looking through these forums, and NorCalMini's and northamericanmotoring.

EDIT 2: Also, if there are any Mini drivers in norcal who want to chat, or talk about their Mini, you can IM me at freetheoranges.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I dont know of any MINIs for sale, but you should fit with no problems. I wouldnt expect you to have a back seat passenger behind you, but you will fit. Go test drive one at a dealership... Go over to Niello in Sacramento and tell Tiffani, Tad from Gold Country Mini sent you. She will take care of you. If you want to check out some more stuff... feel free to check the Gold Country Mini website

Gold Country Mini

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2.

If you click on the gallery link at the top of the page, and select personal, you can browse through thousands pictures, and search for any pictures people have posted. Should provide you with lots of what you want to look at, without having to wait for anyone to dig up a picture.

As far as what you'd get for $16K, I'd use a site like edmunds.com and price out your options for your location. As MSRP for a new Cooper is only a bit above 17,000 you may find you get a lot more car for your budget. Of course once you start adding on options, you'll end up with an '02. Personally, having owned an '02 and now on my 2nd month of owning an '05, I'd say the newer the better, even if it means less options to fit within your budget.

Browse around miniusa.com and see what you really need for options, and what you're willing to pass on, and then you should easily be able to see what you can get, assuming there's something on the market.

Of course if you don't need a car right this moment, you could always check out the dealership feedback forum, find a dealer you like near you, and order an '05. In the few months it will take to arrive you may be able to save up the $2,000 or so difference, and then you have the full new car warranty and the free maintence for 3 years/36K miles.

·
MINI2 Master / Moderator
1,494 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to MINI2 bluedirtstudios

You can visit us at www.norcalminis.com, we have monthly meeting and event every month. Even you don't have a MINI/mini yet, we still welcome all MINI/mini fans. You can just come and join us for some MINI/mini talk :D:D:D

Also you can check out our pass event's pictures at http://www.norcalminis.com/gallery/index.asp

Hope to see you at the netx event

Dennis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, yeah, I checked out the Norcal Mini's site, and Message Boards. I have gotten in touch with a few individuals who have been very helpful in my search for a mini. Thanks for all your suggestions and input. I welcome more info.

- Brian

·
03 MCS Pure Silver / Blk
232 Posts
If you want to save considerable $$$ on a used MINI, I suggest you go online, even on ebay....

Florida is a point of entry for MINIs... there are alot of them with no dealership markups. Used ones are plentiful. My guess is that you will save $3000 - $5000 over prices in Sonoma County or the greater bay area. If you buy one there, I have a name of a great transport company.

Getting financing online is no problem either so long as your credit rating is good. We bought our second Mini with 4000 mils on it from Florida sight unseen (but from a dealership). The car took only 3 or 4 days to get here by truck... shipping was around $800 to Santa Rosa. We save $4500 over lot prices here.

If you want to join some local minis in the Santa Rosa area, go to http://minicooper.meetup.com/2/

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Technically Florida isn't an entry point, but that's not really important. They're shipped to Charleston SC, and NJ on the east coast. In any event, any dealer you buy from on the east coast should sell at MSRP, and maybe give you a deal on shipping as well, it mostly depends on what dealer is flexible, and if they have a car you want. Its pretty much only the west coast that still has issues with cars being so expensive.

Good luck with the hunt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.