MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally thinking of getting an ipod with Alpine Head unit and interface for my March 05 MCS. Having today seen the Sony Walkman I am now unsure.

If I were to get the Walkman, does anyone know if I can set it up in a similar way to the ipod. ie Can I charge it in the car, Can I work it using my MFSW, What Head unit should I buy (Sony?).

Anyone got any info on this?

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
This is not based on any fact but if I were to make an educated guess I would say that Sony will make any solution themselves first and it will likely require a Sony headunit. IF the Walkman HD gains enough popularity for other companies to make money making adapters, etc....they will, but that will take a while if it even happens at all.

Look at how long it took for iPod integration to happen. iPod now has been out for over three years with over 5 million units sold and this stuff is relatively new to the marketplace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.