MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just htought I'd pop up and say hello. I have owned a Civic Si for just about three years now. Fun little car but I desire more. I had a WRX on order about a year ago, but figured I'd wait and see If I still would want one when I was a bit more finacially stable. Well the time came toask myself that question and yes I am more stable, but I dont like the car nearly as much. However I yearn for something new, and the Cooper has had a soft little spot in my heart that has been growing ever since I saw it in April at the NY Auto show. Now, a year later That small soft spot has become a larger one and I came to the descicon that I Must own one! SO I paid a little visit to my local BMW dealer and said "give me a Cooper S" they said "ok" and the rest is history waiting to happen. If the car(Cooper)is really as good as I have read both here on the board and in the mags, I...errr....all of us are very lucky people indeed!!! and with the extra power that the S provides, My butt cant wait to turn the key for the first time and head out on my favorite twisty road:D :D !! Just sittting here I am salivating over that very day, that seems so far away. But I guess it will all be worth the wait!! Now my only issue is, do I want the Nav system or not....HMMMMMMMMMM.

Sorry for the ramling guys and girls. I guess I am just excited and wanted to say Hi!!!:D

Daniel

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hi CSDan...

Welcome to the place car-less new Mini addicts come to soothe their impatient nerves

You will find, however, that it's like scratching an itch...

Brief satisfaction followed by a worse itch than before:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
If you like the look of a square peg in a round hole, go for the sat-nav...... If it had been designed with perhaps a little more thought I might have been tempted..... just hate the look of it.

cheers....and welcome aboard the MINI2 bus.......

:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Forget the sat-nav if you get lost it’s just an excuse to drive your car more, also it looks a bit dodgy – save the money for a works upgrade!.

Dave

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Welcome aboard CSDan. It's a wonderful site, full of wonderful people, just about anything you want to know (except when is my 'S' arriving) can be answered here.

It is truly amazing that you, - somewhere on the other side of the world - have exactly the same feeling of excitement for exactly the same reason as I do, along with hundreds of others. It's a fantastic feeling to be waiting in line for the classic car of the 21st century.

Keep writing

Regards, ElTel

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basil said:
If you like the look of a square peg in a round hole, go for the sat-nav...... If it had been designed with perhaps a little more thought I might have been tempted..... just hate the look of it.

cheers....and welcome aboard the MINI2 bus.......

:)
Thanks Guys, for the warm welcome:D

After much diliberation last night with a friend of mine, I have decided to do exactly what DavidB has suggested:)
It would more be for the fact of having it(the Sat-Nav) and wheres the fun of road trips with it right?:p
So I await My gray lady and pant after the Works Upgrade:D.

Eltel, Yes it is truly amazing to be speaking with an individual across the globe about the exact same desire--Its fun too! And Rich, its still iching, and your right,its getting worse:(--but Ahhhhh what relife when I plant my butt in the seat for the frist time and take of for some fun back road romps:D

Cheers fellas and thanks again

Daniel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts