MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Mini Cooper D seems to be leaking exhaust fumes to the right side of the turbo, leaving black soot underneath the bonnet and when I have blower on in the car fumes sometimes . Is there a replaceable seek or is this a major new turbo issues???

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just had exactly the same with mine. It was the joint where the cat/dpf connects to the turbo, was resealed and all ok
On the last turbo it was leaking where the actuator spindle entered the turbo, nothing can be done about that.
If it's the joint there should be soot inside the heat shield.
HTH Stu

·
Registered
187 Posts
It was sealed with exhaust paste. Quite difficult to get the heat shield off to get a the joint, mine needed the front put in to the service position.
If doing it yourself probably a few £ for sealer but in a garage a couple of hours Labour.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
would if booking in to a garage ask them to read the pressures on the particulate filter in the exhaust DPF for short,,, it has two pressure sensors and when blocks up the back pressure will get pushed out of any weak point between it and the engine as such, the dpf filter on the psa diesels a service item 75000 miles is what volvo and ford do, nasty things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts