MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the MINI.com site and in the JCW section there is info about this pack for a COOPER. The pack includes an airtfilter, exhaust and badges. Has anyone got this pack and do you guys have any opinions about it?

· The Power Cube
2,275 Posts
wow said:
I was on the MINI.com site and in the JCW section there is info about this pack for a COOPER. The pack includes an airtfilter, exhaust and badges. Has anyone got this pack and do you guys have any opinions about it?
there was a large test carried out a year or sa back now. it covered several mods for the cooper and the cooper s.

The JCW kit for the coop was tested and the outcome was poor. it performed slightly slower than the stock version. so, in my opinion i would invest your money in a trade-in to the cooper s.

of course, the JCW kit is a fine engingering option, but was concluded to be of no real benefit.

· Registered
119 Posts
Sound Pack / Works Kit and 210BHP Upgrades

There seems to be some confusion here between Sound Pack and Works Kit. (Which takes the Cooper to 130BHP)

The sound pack is new and is aimed at the younger driver who cannot afford the extra cost to their insurance if their car is tuned.
The sound pack alters the driving characteristics and adds the sporty sound to the driving experience.
The overall power gain is 3-4 Bhp which therefore keeps the insurance cost low, but means your car feels better than standard.

I would agree that if you really want power, then skip this and the Cooper Works Kit and part-ex in for a Cooper 'S'.

You can then of course purchase the new 210BHP Works upgrade, which is amazing!

I had mine fitted last week and am enjoying every minute of it!

If you want more advice, ring John Cooper Works direct on 01903 784784 and they will be more than pleased to help you.

I had fantastic service from them.

Best of luck.

Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.