MINI Cooper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rights Girls and Boys.... Since there is so many people on here living in or around Southampton and Portsmouth, it would be nice if we could all get together for one nite.

What I was thinking was meet up at Sainsburys Hedgend (Southampton) at 7PM on Thursday 28th(yes, tomorrow) in the carpark next to the petrol station. Once everyone has met up and got to know eachother a bit, we'll go for a quick 30 min drive around or so and then stop off at a pub for a drink... possibly the Wind Hover Manor as its just off the motorway Junction 8. This isnt a proper run, only a quick social gathering so we can all get to know each other. Hopefully more of you will feel easier about joining in the SCNM runs once you know a couple of people!

What does everyone think? Who's interested?

Interested in being social :

BoyR4cer(Dave)
I love Mini, Laura(Laura)
Neil the Hat(Neil)

Change of pub people... we will now be finishing at the HayWain in Bartley. I know Arrons looking forward to the food!

HayWain Location

Attachments

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
erm good idea. but its been proven that us SCNM lot are weekday social recluses...:D similar runs have had poor turnout even on the nice warm sunny summer evenings. would join u but its a trek for me and not compatible with a) early starts the following morning and b) daily commute...

have a good un..:)

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well its worth a go since the number of south coast mini owners has gone up lately.... wasnt looking for a massive attendance... its not that kind of event. Its not a mini run at the end of the day... just a social gathering for local people to get together and talking about their minis.

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll try... hopefully recruit even one new person for Hobzys Run....then it will be worth while. But will be great just to know a few more mini owners around here instead of just waving at eachother as we drive past eachother.

Max said:
Sorry Dave I'm unable to make this....> :(

Have a blast ;) :D :D :D

Max :D :red:

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Damn! Couldn't do Wednesday, but also can't do Thursday (or Friday!) :mad:

Like the idea a lot though, and agree that getting to know the other SCNM city dwellers a bit more would be great. :cool:

Hopefully the next date won't be in the run up to a gig - then I'll have more spare time in the week! :p

Keep it up and keep me informed!

Matt :red:

P.S. Dave - I've PM'd you also - cheers mate. ;)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry Dave, i've got training on hayling Island that night. Thursdays are always a no-no pour moi unfortunately :(

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
BOYR4CER said:
No, not quite..... lucky i didnt put southampton V portsmouth or there'd be trouble.
Trouble...Saints are being beating my the scummy Pompey team in the Premiership...there would be a blood bath for crying out loud! It would be like the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan! :D :eek: But I'd be watching from afar...I ain't dying for my club!

Anyway...if necessary Dave, you could always move it to a Wednesday from now on so people like HObzy can come. Again, brilliant idea but it raises the problem: To clean or not to clean ma car! Did it today (first time after Saturday's run) and realised that under all that black on my wheels, that they were actually white! :rolleyes:

But is it a coincidence that me having working tonight and me pleading with you to make it tomorrow instead and it is a thursday?! I mean don't think for a second that Dave is easily influenced by me...I mean he is a grown man!

Cheers again Dave! ;)

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MINI Poser said:
Trouble...Saints are being beating my the scummy Pompey team in the Premiership...there would be a blood bath for crying out loud! It would be like the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan! :D :eek: But I'd be watching from afar...I ain't dying for my club!

Anyway...if necessary Dave, you could always move it to a Wednesday from now on so people like HObzy can come. Again, brilliant idea but it raises the problem: To clean or not to clean ma car! Did it today (first time after Saturday's run) and realised that under all that black on my wheels, that they were actually white! :rolleyes:

But is it a coincidence that me having working tonight and me pleading with you to make it tomorrow instead and it is a thursday?! I mean don't think for a second that Dave is easily influenced by me...I mean he is a grown man!

Cheers again Dave! ;)

I was trying to make it easier on other people aswell. But then they didnt come anyway....

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
BOYR4CER said:
I was trying to make it easier on other people aswell. But then they didnt come anyway....
Well just remember there wasn't alot of notice for them...so thats probably the main reason why some people can't make it! But I'm sure SCNM and others will rearrange their diaries to make room for a nice drive and drink! :D ;)

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
shedend said:
No can do - sorry. Sons football training Thursday evenings - Have a good runout :D
OAP Dave
What he means is, the retirement home has a strict regime and he won't be allowed out after sunset! Poor OAP Dave! Lucky they have a bar at the home or he would be screwed!

Anyway Dave the Younger....you could always hold a poll to see what days are best for the majority of people to come on the nights out...just an idea! ;)

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MINI Poser said:
What he means is, the retirement home has a strict regime and he won't be allowed out after sunset! Poor OAP Dave! Lucky they have a bar at the home or he would be screwed!

Anyway Dave the Younger....you could always hold a poll to see what days are best for the majority of people to come on the nights out...just an idea! ;)
Was thinking if to have a poll to see if anyone wanted a night out.... probably a good starting place before assuming everyone will come.

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
I would have joined but I'm in Banbury tonight as working tomorrow so no can do for me but maybe interested in future weekday meets thats if you let me in! :D

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
BOYR4CER said:
Was thinking if to have a poll to see if anyone wanted a night out.... probably a good starting place before assuming everyone will come.
You live and learn Dave! I mean there is obvious interest in doing it, its just that people can't come on certain days so arrange it for different days where the most people can come.

I probably won't be able to make any next week meet ups because I'm working up in Bath...fun(!)

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
Hang on - just realized this is just a con' to get Sophie to come along from Salisbury - to win Max's crate of ale, isn't it ;) :p

I will ignore Arrons remark about retirment homes---- as i can't remember what it was :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.