MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys......

I have pretty decided on all of my order apart from one thing...........space cloth or half leather?

The reason I fancy space cloth is for its grip in the bends and its durability, but I think there is no lumber support.

However, the half leather does feel luxurious and look good.

Has anyone any expereince of any or both these interiors and does the cloth really grip better as has been reported on here?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The half leather has enough cloth to grip you without going to a full cloth interior. You
should also consider the chilli pack in the uk as it will be more difficult to shift a rarer
non-chilli car. Below is a picture of handbrake and gear lever boots but there is enough
of the seats to see the cloth/leather mix.

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the lateral support in the MCS seats bugs me a little, thats why I thought the all cloth may improve this

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
SteveM3 said:
You should also consider the chilli pack in the uk as it will be more difficult to shift a rarer non-chilli car.
IMHO I think it's down to the spec of the car.......if you add A/con, MFSW and some other key items, I don't think it will make much difference! Some may consider that the 17" wheels blight the ride and handling......... compared with the 16s.......:D :D :D

BTW I have Space cloth.......nice and grippy, plus it doesn't suffer the sagging that full and half leather cars are prone to.

Lumbar support is a bit subjective.......I'm prone to back ache, and rarely suffer in my MCS. I did 1500 miles in one weekend (to the Nurburgring and back) with no problems. 650 miles in one go did spark any discomfort off at all........

Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Wobert
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing