MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my GP today and was checking everything was in place. So far I've noticed that I seem to be missing the smallest spanner in the spanner wallet and I've also got another wallet thats empty :confused:

So, should there be a small spanner and any idea what should be in the other wallet?

Also, I've got 4 orange blocks in a drawstring sack - what are these for?!

I'll obviously be in touch with BMW tomorrow so would appreciate any advice you can give and sorry for all the questions - newbie alert!

But the good news is I love my GP :biggrin:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi, glad you like your GP!

The orange blocks are jacking blocks.
They fit in holes under the car, you will see some plastic covers over the holes, they are located in the sideskirt area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that...now all I need is someone to solve the mystery of the missing spanner and empty mini wallet!

·
GP 56 MCK 0774
1,074 Posts
Welcome to the GP club :nice::nice::nice:

Where was your spanner bag?

Do you mean the mini wallet that holds the service book etc?

·
GP 56 MCK 0774
1,074 Posts
Think they might be MINI bits the previous owner left in
Look in the battery area you should see a little grey box slide down side of battery This has towing bolt a screwdriver and 1 spanner inside

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Looks like you got added extras from a previous owner. I also note that you have the warning triangle - this is also extra.

The only thing you get as standard with a GP are the jack blocks and the little kit next to the battery - towing eye, thingy to remove towing eye cover, srew driver and locking wheel nut key

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the luggage net an extra? When I test drove the car it had one (I took pics so can prove it) but now it doesn't have one. Because I know it had one do you think I have the right to phone the dealership to ask for it? No harm in trying I guess...

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Luggage net is extra

If it was there when you test drove it and agreed to buy the car, I would chase the dealer.

Otherwise talk to Mikey at Newministuff.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts