MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas

Want a set of Iridium IK22's for when i get my pulley :D

I know im jumping the gun here a little because i prob wont be getting it installed till i get back from my holiday:D

But anyone in Sydney know where i can get my hands on a set?

Robbo.. i bet you know:p

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
bkwalker said:
Hey fellas

Want a set of Iridium IK22's for when i get my pulley :D

I know im jumping the gun here a little because i prob wont be getting it installed till i get back from my holiday:D

But anyone in Sydney know where i can get my hands on a set?

Robbo.. i bet you know:p
The only place, apparently, is at a Toyota dealership. I got my Denso IK22's from the city toyota delaership for about 85 bucks for 4.
I think toyota are the distributors.

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
enzothemaddog said:
The only place, apparently, is at a Toyota dealership. I got my Denso IK22's from the city toyota delaership for about 85 bucks for 4.
I think toyota are the distributors.
cool.. thanks .. i feel like im getting ripped off because im getting my Pulley for $95 hehe im so stoked about this cheap pulley:p

what city dealership are you talking about?

did you instal them? hard or easy? i dont even know where the plugs are located in the engine bay :confused:

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
bkwalker said:
cool.. thanks .. i feel like im getting ripped off because im getting my Pulley for $95 hehe im so stoked about this cheap pulley:p

what city dealership are you talking about?

did you instal them? hard or easy? i dont even know where the plugs are located in the engine bay :confused:
Its the huge dealership near Moore Park/ Alexandria. (Sydney City Toyota i think)
I put them in myself.
few things.
-plugs are right there in front of you. where the 4 black plugs come off the head.
-Make sure you use that Copper based lubricant so they dont get stuck later
-Unless you have the tools, pop down to a mechanic as it only takes about 10 minutes to do.

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
enzothemaddog said:
Its the huge dealership near Moore Park/ Alexandria. (Sydney City Toyota i think)
I put them in myself.
few things.
-plugs are right there in front of you. where the 4 black plugs come off the head.
-Make sure you use that Copper based lubricant so they dont get stuck later
-Unless you have the tools, pop down to a mechanic as it only takes about 10 minutes to do.
sounds like too much thinking ;) might just get the mechanic to instal them when i get the pulley done also

but thanks for the info:) much appreciated

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey what are your thoughts on this..

http://www.piloracing.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=IGNITIONUPG&cat=23

Ignition System Upgrade Install 1 Year Warranty

Parts Included:
40,000 Volt Coil Pack,
8.5mm Plug Wires
U-grove Spark Plugs ...

bit pricey i guess.. or is it just new plugs that are needed?

why are the Denso' so much cheaper on that Pilo site? they are like 8bucks or something

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Sounds like it's cheaper than the NGK's Iridium. What? Do you just rock up to the parts bloke and ask for IK22 pluggies or is there a specific part number? Thanks :)

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dairyboy said:
Sounds like it's cheaper than the NGK's Iridium. What? Do you just rock up to the parts bloke and ask for IK22 pluggies or is there a specific part number? Thanks :)
good question.. i take it your beast hasn't got plugs then?

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Better ask Carl about the plugs - I have no idea what's in it at the moment but wouldn't hurt to ditch them along with the plug wires. Giles/CCS swears by the Magnecor (sp?) that replaced the original set, I might do the same and see if there's any difference.

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
I got my 8mm leads from Turner Motorsport in the US.. im running the Iridiums as in performance testing in US cars there is a marginal difference in the dyno figures (supposivly over the Denso plugs) If i could afford them i would get the Bosch Motorsport surface discharge iriduim plugs but they are about $200 each. (HR7 MPP 22v) I think thats correct... but not 100%sure on the number. But yes.. the plugs in the 7 heat range seem to make a good deal of difference to the heat the engine creates... (less) as they effectively pull heat from the engine better than the 6's

Another good thing to do is to put and elctro silicon paste inside your plug tubes where they connect to the Plug as this gives you a far better electrical transfer to the plug and prevents Arching to the next closest earth.

I found my factory plugs where quite well fouled for Platinum plugs...

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
dairyboy said:
You'd probably want to give them a ring first just to check they've got them, but yeah just rock up!

·
Registered
775 Posts
bkwalker said:
benno i see u r getting a new belt too, how much is it all up?

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^UB^ said:
benno i see u r getting a new belt too, how much is it all up?
Hey
the belt costs US$35...

i dont know if that is a good price or what? but i really couldn't be bothered sourcing a locally made belt :eek: :p .. so yeah, just going for the AmD one..

i had to pay an extra US$5 for shipping also
so the total bill (Pulley-55 and belt-35 and shipping-25 ..) came to US$115 = AUD$147

still cheap as chips really..

i bet someone is going to reply to this now saying i can get belts with same quality etc for a fraction of the price :rolleyes: hhaha oh well

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mmm i think its a sweet deal.
you wont come across anything that cheap too often!

they sent mine off today/last night.. its meant to take less then 10 days!
so i might even be able to get it installed before i head O/S!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts